Town comes together to Enjoy Fakenham More
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
A town has united to champion positivity and community spirit at the launch of the Enjoy Fakenham More campaign.
Enjoy Fakenham More is being run by the EDP and Fakenham and Wells Times in partnership with Active Fakenham.
It was officially launched in Fakenham Market Place on Thursday.
Dozens of stories, features, pictures and videos will be produced in the coming weeks and months to celebrate everything that is great about Fakenham.
The campaign will feature: • An Enjoy Fakenham More Facebook group, which is now up and running.
You may also want to watch:
• A double page spread in print in the Fakenham and Wells Times each week, along with increased online coverage and reports in the EDP.
• An Enjoy Fakenham More membership scheme, where members can take advantage of special offers put on by participating Fakenham businesses.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 5 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 6 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
• An Enjoy Fakenham More website, to go live at a future date.
Enjoy Fakenham More aims to shine a light on the best of the town, including its hidden treasures, places to eat, the characters who make the town tick, its past, present and future, quirky facts and stats - plus a huge serving of nostalgia.
Widespread support was expressed at Thursday’s launch.
Deputy mayor of Fakenham Gilly Foortse said: “I am really pleased about this. Fakenham is a fantastic town, with so much going for it.
“I am particularly pleased about the membership scheme. We need to find new ways of bringing people into the town centre to use local businesses.”
Active Fakenham member and Fakenham Horticultural Society secretary Pat Jones said: “This is a wonderful opportunity to highlight all the great things about Fakenham. Our membership has grown from 30 to more than 70 in the last few years due to the support we’ve had from the local press.”
County councillor Tom FitzPatrick said: “It’s really important to better our market towns for not just the town but also the surrounding area and Enjoy Fakenham More is a great way of doing that.”
District councillor Annie Claussen-Reynolds added: “Fakenham is a fantastic place to live and I’d urge anyone who doesn’t know the town to come and see for themselves.” Do you have a story for Enjoy Fakenham More? E mail email@example.com