Will you still wear a face mask if you don't have to?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Face masks may no longer be required as part of proposed easing of lockdown later this month - but would you still wear one even if you don't have to?
Prime minister Boris Johnson is believed to be preparing to update England on plans for the easing of Covid-19 restrictions, with reports suggesting a number of measures will come to an end.
At a press conference at 5pm today, Mr Johnson is expected to announce that the wearing of face coverings is no longer mandatory, but optional.
What do you think? Would you discard your masks? Or would you continue to wear one even if not obliged to?
Please take a moment to complete our poll.
Masks are currently required to be worn in shops, on public transport and when moving around enclosed indoor spaces such as hospitality venues.
But Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick has indicated that all rules on mandatory mask-wearing could end in England on July 19.
From that day, wearing a face covering would become a matter of "personal responsibility".
- 1 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 2 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 5 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 6 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 7 Jerome Mayhew hosting Fakenham job fair
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere
- 10 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year