Fakenham Academy student considers teaching career after impressive set of GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
One of Fakenham Academy’s top performers was Joanna Barton, who achieved five 9s, three 8s and two distinction stars.
Joanna, who lives in Melton Constable, is now considering a career in teaching herself, after being inspired by her own teachers.
She said: “I’m delighted with my results, and a bit shocked to be honest.
“With exams you just can’t tell how well you’ve done sometimes.
“I worked hard and had great support from the teachers here at Fakenham Academy.
You may also want to watch:
“They are very friendly and are always there for whatever you need.
“I like the idea of going into teaching myself, or perhaps medicine.”
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
Joanna achieved her 9s in biology, chemistry, physics, geography and English language.
She will go on to study A-levels in biology, chemistry, sport and English literature at Fakenham Sixth Form.