Fakenham Academy student considers teaching career after impressive set of GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
One of Fakenham Academy’s top performers was Joanna Barton, who achieved five 9s, three 8s and two distinction stars.
Joanna, who lives in Melton Constable, is now considering a career in teaching herself, after being inspired by her own teachers.
She said: “I’m delighted with my results, and a bit shocked to be honest.
“With exams you just can’t tell how well you’ve done sometimes.
“I worked hard and had great support from the teachers here at Fakenham Academy.
You may also want to watch:
“They are very friendly and are always there for whatever you need.
“I like the idea of going into teaching myself, or perhaps medicine.”
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
Joanna achieved her 9s in biology, chemistry, physics, geography and English language.
She will go on to study A-levels in biology, chemistry, sport and English literature at Fakenham Sixth Form.