Fakenham Academy student considers teaching career after impressive set of GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
One of Fakenham Academy’s top performers was Joanna Barton, who achieved five 9s, three 8s and two distinction stars.
Joanna, who lives in Melton Constable, is now considering a career in teaching herself, after being inspired by her own teachers.
She said: “I’m delighted with my results, and a bit shocked to be honest.
“With exams you just can’t tell how well you’ve done sometimes.
“I worked hard and had great support from the teachers here at Fakenham Academy.
“They are very friendly and are always there for whatever you need.
“I like the idea of going into teaching myself, or perhaps medicine.”
- 1 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 2 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 5 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
- 6 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 7 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 8 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 9 'It's time to decarbonise construction' - MP calls for regulation
- 10 Headteacher says 'good' Ofsted rating a testament to hard work
Joanna achieved her 9s in biology, chemistry, physics, geography and English language.
She will go on to study A-levels in biology, chemistry, sport and English literature at Fakenham Sixth Form.