Fakenham Academy student considers teaching career after impressive set of GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
One of Fakenham Academy’s top performers was Joanna Barton, who achieved five 9s, three 8s and two distinction stars.
Joanna, who lives in Melton Constable, is now considering a career in teaching herself, after being inspired by her own teachers.
She said: “I’m delighted with my results, and a bit shocked to be honest.
“With exams you just can’t tell how well you’ve done sometimes.
“I worked hard and had great support from the teachers here at Fakenham Academy.
You may also want to watch:
“They are very friendly and are always there for whatever you need.
“I like the idea of going into teaching myself, or perhaps medicine.”
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign
Joanna achieved her 9s in biology, chemistry, physics, geography and English language.
She will go on to study A-levels in biology, chemistry, sport and English literature at Fakenham Sixth Form.