Thousands raised to support local and worldwide charities
- Credit: Archant
More than a thousand pounds has been raised following a charity race night.
The Fakenham and District Rotary Club recently raised in excess of £1,100 to enable the club to continue to making donations to local and worldwide charities.
An example of the most recent donation was the purchase of a shelter box and aqua boxes to support victims of the Indonesian earthquake and tsunami.
On Wednesday November 14, at 7pm, the club will be hosting an Interest Event at the Gallow Sports Centre, near Fakenham Racecourse.
People will be able to meet and chat with current members and learn more about the work that the Rotary organisation does. It is hoped that more people will become involved with Fakenham Rotary Club as a member or supporter.
You may also want to watch:
The club meets on Wednesdays at The Gallow. The club has raised over £75,000 over the past few years.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk