Thousands raised to support local and worldwide charities
- Credit: Archant
More than a thousand pounds has been raised following a charity race night.
The Fakenham and District Rotary Club recently raised in excess of £1,100 to enable the club to continue to making donations to local and worldwide charities.
An example of the most recent donation was the purchase of a shelter box and aqua boxes to support victims of the Indonesian earthquake and tsunami.
On Wednesday November 14, at 7pm, the club will be hosting an Interest Event at the Gallow Sports Centre, near Fakenham Racecourse.
People will be able to meet and chat with current members and learn more about the work that the Rotary organisation does. It is hoped that more people will become involved with Fakenham Rotary Club as a member or supporter.
You may also want to watch:
The club meets on Wednesdays at The Gallow. The club has raised over £75,000 over the past few years.
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 3 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 6 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 9 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries