Thousands raised to support local and worldwide charities
- Credit: Archant
More than a thousand pounds has been raised following a charity race night.
The Fakenham and District Rotary Club recently raised in excess of £1,100 to enable the club to continue to making donations to local and worldwide charities.
An example of the most recent donation was the purchase of a shelter box and aqua boxes to support victims of the Indonesian earthquake and tsunami.
On Wednesday November 14, at 7pm, the club will be hosting an Interest Event at the Gallow Sports Centre, near Fakenham Racecourse.
People will be able to meet and chat with current members and learn more about the work that the Rotary organisation does. It is hoped that more people will become involved with Fakenham Rotary Club as a member or supporter.
You may also want to watch:
The club meets on Wednesdays at The Gallow. The club has raised over £75,000 over the past few years.
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 6 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 9 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere