British Heart Foundation group celebrate 30 years of fundraising
- Credit: Archant
A group of fundraisers for the British Heart Foundation have celebrated 30 years of charity work.
The Fakenham fundraising group marked the occasion with a special afternoon tea at The Wisteria restaurant on Norwich Street, Fakenham, on Tuesday, May 7.
Local committee members were joined by the mayor George Acheson along with previous members and guests.
The fundraisers were thanked by regional manager Dawne Hart, who presented members with certificates, while Mr Acheson also presented long service badges.
The group was first founded in 1989, during which time over £300,000 has been raised for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in joining the group and helping The British Heart Foundation raise vital funds, please phone 07785 320720 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you part of a charity in the Fakenham, Wells or Dereham area? Contact reporter Daniel Bennett by emailing email@example.com.
- 1 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 2 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 3 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
- 4 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 5 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 6 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 Plans for virtual Christmas tree festival revealed
- 9 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 10 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’