Fakenham car dealer bids to cut waste
Volkswagen retailer Cookes of Fakenham is bidding to reduce its waste to landfill by 75pc this year.A motor industry waste management and recycling programme - operated by Specialist Waste Recycling (SWR) - has been introduced into Cookes, which is one of six outlets in the Vindis Group aiming to cut waste.
Volkswagen retailer Cookes of Fakenham is bidding to reduce its waste to landfill by 75pc this year.
A motor industry waste management and recycling programme - operated by Specialist Waste Recycling (SWR) - has been introduced into Cookes, which is one of six outlets in the Vindis Group aiming to cut waste.
The single source waste recycling system sees workshop technicians and front of house staff segregating dry materials such as metal, cardboard, bumpers, plastic packaging and tyres. The materials are then collected by SWR and reprocessed into usable goods.
Jamie Vindis, brand director of Vindis Volkswagen, believes it is vital to monitor and implement methods of improving environmental practices.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We believe we have a personal responsibility to introduce waste disposal systems which have the greatest impact and ensure we exceed any legal requirements.
“In addition to our recycling programme, we are currently developing our courtesy car fleet to further embrace the very latest in eco-friendly driving technology.
- 1 Rescue drama as yacht cut adrift after losing power
- 2 North Norfolk brewery uses lockdown to create its strongest ever beer
- 3 Councillors back lido proposal but want more detailed plans
- 4 Firm making glass canaries to celebrate promotion doubles its stock
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
“We are particularly enthused as the recycling programme that we have entered into with SWR, will result in carbon offset equivalent to operating our entire courtesy car and demonstrator fleet. It represents a significant step towards us becoming a carbon neutral business - no mean feat for an automotive business company”.