Charity masquerade ball raises hundreds to help people affected by cancer
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A woman from Fakenham has raised hundreds of pounds for charity after hosting a masquerade ball.
Kayleigh Hanlon, who now lives in Norwich but hails from the north Norfolk market town, organised the event after being diagnosed with cervical abnormalities.
She wanted to help others affected by cancer.
“I was told last year I had cervical abnormalities,” she said. “Since then, it been my aim to help others in need and try to make a difference.”
The event, held at Fakenham Town Football Club, off Clipbush Lane, raised a total of £800 for the charities Coppafeel!, Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust and Macmillan Cancer Support.
You may also want to watch:
“These are all amazing charities,” she said.
“The night was such a success and the amount raised was amazing.”
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
A man auction also featured on the night and six local men - Alex Barnes, Joe Gaston, Sam Issac, Scott Hughes, Jamie Bishop, and Oskar Fullalove - were bid for by single ladies wanting to go on a date with them.
Miss Hanlon thanked the businesses who supported May’s event, as well as a number of people who live and work in the town, including Paige Willacy, Ellie Willacy, Mollie Banham, Leah Ryder and Nicola Lewis. The current Miss Norfolk, Natasha Adams, also attended.
On the back of the ball’s success, Miss Hanlon is organising another charity event for July 14 - an eighties and nineties evening.