Norfolk musical society to fundraise for hospice with open singing day
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A Norfolk musical society is hosting a fundraising open day for singers of all abilities.
Fakenham Choral Society (FCS) will be raising money for Tapping House Hospice at its ‘Come and Sing Day’ on Saturday, February 16.
Held at Fakenham Academy, it is aimed at encouraging all singers to come along and have fun, with donations and raffle money going to the hospice.
The day will be led by musical director Mark Jones and singers will learn John Rutter’s Feel the Spirit, including songs such as Steal Away, Deep River and When the Saints Go Marching In.
They will perform the day’s work for an audience at 5pm, accompanied by mezzo soprano soloist Rosamund Walton and a small band.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Academy has free parking and singers are asked to register for the day by Monday, February 11.
For more information or to sign up, visit www.fakenham choralsociety.org or contact Rosemary Dear, 01328 851776, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 3 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 4 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 5 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 6 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 9 Fundraisers come out swinging at charity golf day
- 10 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water