Norfolk musical society to fundraise for hospice with open singing day
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A Norfolk musical society is hosting a fundraising open day for singers of all abilities.
Fakenham Choral Society (FCS) will be raising money for Tapping House Hospice at its ‘Come and Sing Day’ on Saturday, February 16.
Held at Fakenham Academy, it is aimed at encouraging all singers to come along and have fun, with donations and raffle money going to the hospice.
The day will be led by musical director Mark Jones and singers will learn John Rutter’s Feel the Spirit, including songs such as Steal Away, Deep River and When the Saints Go Marching In.
They will perform the day’s work for an audience at 5pm, accompanied by mezzo soprano soloist Rosamund Walton and a small band.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Academy has free parking and singers are asked to register for the day by Monday, February 11.
For more information or to sign up, visit www.fakenham choralsociety.org or contact Rosemary Dear, 01328 851776, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 2 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 5 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 6 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 7 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 8 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 9 Voting open for students' Bluetooth device
- 10 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub