Norfolk musical society to fundraise for hospice with open singing day
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A Norfolk musical society is hosting a fundraising open day for singers of all abilities.
Fakenham Choral Society (FCS) will be raising money for Tapping House Hospice at its ‘Come and Sing Day’ on Saturday, February 16.
Held at Fakenham Academy, it is aimed at encouraging all singers to come along and have fun, with donations and raffle money going to the hospice.
The day will be led by musical director Mark Jones and singers will learn John Rutter’s Feel the Spirit, including songs such as Steal Away, Deep River and When the Saints Go Marching In.
They will perform the day’s work for an audience at 5pm, accompanied by mezzo soprano soloist Rosamund Walton and a small band.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Academy has free parking and singers are asked to register for the day by Monday, February 11.
For more information or to sign up, visit www.fakenham choralsociety.org or contact Rosemary Dear, 01328 851776, or email@example.com.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 3 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 6 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 7 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash