Norfolk musical society to fundraise for hospice with open singing day
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A Norfolk musical society is hosting a fundraising open day for singers of all abilities.
Fakenham Choral Society (FCS) will be raising money for Tapping House Hospice at its ‘Come and Sing Day’ on Saturday, February 16.
Held at Fakenham Academy, it is aimed at encouraging all singers to come along and have fun, with donations and raffle money going to the hospice.
The day will be led by musical director Mark Jones and singers will learn John Rutter’s Feel the Spirit, including songs such as Steal Away, Deep River and When the Saints Go Marching In.
They will perform the day’s work for an audience at 5pm, accompanied by mezzo soprano soloist Rosamund Walton and a small band.
Fakenham Academy has free parking and singers are asked to register for the day by Monday, February 11.
For more information or to sign up, visit www.fakenham choralsociety.org or contact Rosemary Dear, 01328 851776, or email@example.com.
- 1 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 5 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 6 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 7 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 8 The day Linda McCartney flew into Fakenham
- 9 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 10 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced