Norfolk musical society to fundraise for hospice with open singing day
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A Norfolk musical society is hosting a fundraising open day for singers of all abilities.
Fakenham Choral Society (FCS) will be raising money for Tapping House Hospice at its ‘Come and Sing Day’ on Saturday, February 16.
Held at Fakenham Academy, it is aimed at encouraging all singers to come along and have fun, with donations and raffle money going to the hospice.
The day will be led by musical director Mark Jones and singers will learn John Rutter’s Feel the Spirit, including songs such as Steal Away, Deep River and When the Saints Go Marching In.
They will perform the day’s work for an audience at 5pm, accompanied by mezzo soprano soloist Rosamund Walton and a small band.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Academy has free parking and singers are asked to register for the day by Monday, February 11.
For more information or to sign up, visit www.fakenham choralsociety.org or contact Rosemary Dear, 01328 851776, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 6 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 7 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 8 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye