North Norfolk singers prepare for ‘sparkling’ summer evening show
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A north Norfolk choral society is preparing for a “sparkling evening of music” at their summer concert.
Fakenham Choral Society will perform Handel's anthems and John Rutter's arrangements at their Summer Sounds concert.
The show will take place at Fakenham Parish Church on Saturday, June 15, from 7.30pm, and begin with the Coronation Anthems.
One of the pieces, which were composed for the coronation of George II, has been performed at every British coronation since 1727.
This will be followed by Rutter's arrangement of seven spirituals, Feel the Spirit, and will see the choir joined by mezzo-soprano soloist Evie Anderson.
You may also want to watch:
A choir spokesperson described the event as "a sparkling evening of music", and said: "Join the choir and orchestra for a scintillating summer evening of music.
Tickets (£12 advance, £14 on the door, with under 18s free) from 01485 544335 or www.fakenhamchoralsociety.org
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 5 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 6 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 9 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 10 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special