North Norfolk singers prepare for ‘sparkling’ summer evening show
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A north Norfolk choral society is preparing for a “sparkling evening of music” at their summer concert.
Fakenham Choral Society will perform Handel's anthems and John Rutter's arrangements at their Summer Sounds concert.
The show will take place at Fakenham Parish Church on Saturday, June 15, from 7.30pm, and begin with the Coronation Anthems.
One of the pieces, which were composed for the coronation of George II, has been performed at every British coronation since 1727.
This will be followed by Rutter's arrangement of seven spirituals, Feel the Spirit, and will see the choir joined by mezzo-soprano soloist Evie Anderson.
You may also want to watch:
A choir spokesperson described the event as "a sparkling evening of music", and said: "Join the choir and orchestra for a scintillating summer evening of music.
Tickets (£12 advance, £14 on the door, with under 18s free) from 01485 544335 or www.fakenhamchoralsociety.org
- 1 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 2 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 3 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 4 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 6 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 7 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand