North Norfolk singers prepare for ‘sparkling’ summer evening show
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A north Norfolk choral society is preparing for a “sparkling evening of music” at their summer concert.
Fakenham Choral Society will perform Handel's anthems and John Rutter's arrangements at their Summer Sounds concert.
The show will take place at Fakenham Parish Church on Saturday, June 15, from 7.30pm, and begin with the Coronation Anthems.
One of the pieces, which were composed for the coronation of George II, has been performed at every British coronation since 1727.
This will be followed by Rutter's arrangement of seven spirituals, Feel the Spirit, and will see the choir joined by mezzo-soprano soloist Evie Anderson.
You may also want to watch:
A choir spokesperson described the event as "a sparkling evening of music", and said: "Join the choir and orchestra for a scintillating summer evening of music.
Tickets (£12 advance, £14 on the door, with under 18s free) from 01485 544335 or www.fakenhamchoralsociety.org
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 10 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid