North Norfolk singers prepare for ‘sparkling’ summer evening show
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A north Norfolk choral society is preparing for a “sparkling evening of music” at their summer concert.
Fakenham Choral Society will perform Handel's anthems and John Rutter's arrangements at their Summer Sounds concert.
The show will take place at Fakenham Parish Church on Saturday, June 15, from 7.30pm, and begin with the Coronation Anthems.
One of the pieces, which were composed for the coronation of George II, has been performed at every British coronation since 1727.
This will be followed by Rutter's arrangement of seven spirituals, Feel the Spirit, and will see the choir joined by mezzo-soprano soloist Evie Anderson.
You may also want to watch:
A choir spokesperson described the event as "a sparkling evening of music", and said: "Join the choir and orchestra for a scintillating summer evening of music.
Tickets (£12 advance, £14 on the door, with under 18s free) from 01485 544335 or www.fakenhamchoralsociety.org
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 8 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 9 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere