North Norfolk singers prepare for ‘sparkling’ summer evening show
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A north Norfolk choral society is preparing for a “sparkling evening of music” at their summer concert.
Fakenham Choral Society will perform Handel's anthems and John Rutter's arrangements at their Summer Sounds concert.
The show will take place at Fakenham Parish Church on Saturday, June 15, from 7.30pm, and begin with the Coronation Anthems.
One of the pieces, which were composed for the coronation of George II, has been performed at every British coronation since 1727.
This will be followed by Rutter's arrangement of seven spirituals, Feel the Spirit, and will see the choir joined by mezzo-soprano soloist Evie Anderson.
You may also want to watch:
A choir spokesperson described the event as "a sparkling evening of music", and said: "Join the choir and orchestra for a scintillating summer evening of music.
Tickets (£12 advance, £14 on the door, with under 18s free) from 01485 544335 or www.fakenhamchoralsociety.org
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 3 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 4 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 8 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 9 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 10 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend