Hundreds celebrate Fakenham Christmas lights switch-on event
- Credit: Archant
Families flocked to Fakenham market place for a festive afternoon in celebration of the Christmas light switch on and fayre.
Smiles were across the faces of everyone at the event as they marked the return of the town's Christmas celebration after a year without one.
People were treated to market stalls, food and local entertainment on stage from the junior school choir, the town band and Miss Amy's academy of dance.
There was also a magician and snow king and queen stilt walker in the crowd.
Town clerk Linda Jennings was on the committee who arranged the event and said: "It went extremely well, better than we could have ever imagined. I just want to say a massive thank you for everyone for turning up and supporting this event."
You may also want to watch:
The lights were switched on by 11-year-old competition winner Skye Pawley after she won the Naughty Elf competition held by the Christmas fayre committee.
- 1 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 4 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 5 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 8 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat