Hundreds celebrate Fakenham Christmas lights switch-on event
- Credit: Archant
Families flocked to Fakenham market place for a festive afternoon in celebration of the Christmas light switch on and fayre.
Smiles were across the faces of everyone at the event as they marked the return of the town's Christmas celebration after a year without one.
People were treated to market stalls, food and local entertainment on stage from the junior school choir, the town band and Miss Amy's academy of dance.
There was also a magician and snow king and queen stilt walker in the crowd.
Town clerk Linda Jennings was on the committee who arranged the event and said: "It went extremely well, better than we could have ever imagined. I just want to say a massive thank you for everyone for turning up and supporting this event."
You may also want to watch:
The lights were switched on by 11-year-old competition winner Skye Pawley after she won the Naughty Elf competition held by the Christmas fayre committee.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
- 10 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen