Hundreds celebrate Fakenham Christmas lights switch-on event
- Credit: Archant
Families flocked to Fakenham market place for a festive afternoon in celebration of the Christmas light switch on and fayre.
Smiles were across the faces of everyone at the event as they marked the return of the town's Christmas celebration after a year without one.
People were treated to market stalls, food and local entertainment on stage from the junior school choir, the town band and Miss Amy's academy of dance.
There was also a magician and snow king and queen stilt walker in the crowd.
Town clerk Linda Jennings was on the committee who arranged the event and said: "It went extremely well, better than we could have ever imagined. I just want to say a massive thank you for everyone for turning up and supporting this event."
You may also want to watch:
The lights were switched on by 11-year-old competition winner Skye Pawley after she won the Naughty Elf competition held by the Christmas fayre committee.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn