Popular Fakenham company sponsors hare for sculpture trail
- Credit: Archant
One of Fakenham’s best known companies has agreed to sponsor a GoGoHare as part of a county-wide sculpture trail.
The fibreglass sculpture was unveiled on Tuesday after Kinnerton took the opportunity to sponsor the hare following discussions with the town council.
Julie Ely from Kinnerton, said: “2018 will be our 40th year of having a manufacturing site in Fakenham and we can’t think of a better way to mark our anniversary and thank the local community for their support.
“It really is a fantastic town with a strong community spirit and deserves to be represented at this county-wide event.
“We would like all the other businesses in Fakenham to ‘hop’ on board to really put Fakenham on the map this summer.”
The hare’s name, design and exact location are still to be announced, but councillors believe it will draw visitors to Fakenham.
- 1 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 2 How former teacher's love for the high street inspired shop opening
- 3 Crash between car and van blocks part of the A1065
- 4 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 6 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 7 How town's new lifeboat station will also help protect wildlife
- 8 Fakenham pub saves the day after town's switch on cancelled
- 9 Norfolk MP celebrates success of two young entrepreneurs
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers