Pub recruits chef who worked with Jamie Oliver ahead of re-opening
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A chef who previously worked alongside Jamie Oliver has been recruited by a Norfolk pub to revamp its menu.
Ahead of the re-opening of its restaurant on December 10, The Crown in Fakenham has appointed a new chef, Sebastian Harris, who has created a new locally-sourced menu.
Mr Harris has returned to Fakenham after 16 years of working in London for a number of chefs, including Marco Pierre White and Jamie Oliver.
Alie Hannam, landlady at The Crown, said: “I feel really positive about the new menu. I want people to come and try it.
“People have been stuck indoors and want to come out and I want to offer people good locally sourced food."
You may also want to watch:
The pub which currently runs an Italian restaurant has shifted to a more ‘gastropub’ feel. It has also been redecorated with new lighting and images of Fakenham’s past on the wall.
The pub has adapted to the changing landscape caused by the pandemic, making changes to their opening times, running a sit-down disco, and running a substantial meal promotion to get people back in the pub safely.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages