Fakenham day care centre to reopen as Ofsted lift suspension
- Credit: Archant
A long-running day care centre will reopen today, days after it had its registration suspended by Ofsted.
Fakenham Children’s Daycare Centre, in Field Lane, was closed on Monday after child safety concerns were raised following an incident last week.
No children were injured however Ofsted stepped in to ensure the correct safeguarding procedures were followed.
The centre will reopen at 7.30am but will continue to work closely with Ofsted inspectors.
Christine Wood, chairman of the centre’s management committee, said: “This morning we were pleased to inform parents that our notice of suspension has been lifted, with effect of Friday 30 January, when our doors will open to welcome our children back from 7.30am.
You may also want to watch:
“In the meantime, we have been issued with a ‘welfare requirement notice’ and will continue to work very closely with the inspectors of Ofsted to ensure that we are continuing to provide the highest level of care to our children and conform to all legal requirements.
“We pride ourselves on providing a high level of care to all of our children, and wholeheartedly apologise that an incident occurred; it is not the level of care we pride ourselves upon and the Management Team, Committee and staff team will work together to ensure that we never fall short again.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 5 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 8 Eyes-down for a full house as charity bingo returns to Fakenham
- 9 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 10 The show WILL go on - Student production of Little Women to go ahead
“We would like to thank our parents and the local community for the support that they have given us this week, and in the 22 years this centre has been operating. We understand and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank them for their patience.
“If anyone continues to have any concerns, please do contact the centre directly.”
There have been concerns over the level of childcare provision in the town after another facility closed in 2013.
Ofsted suspended the registration of Fakenham Gateway Children’s Centre, on Norwich Road, amid child safety concerns.
The centre had been closed by its board of governors on May 21, 2013 and has not reopened.
However, Colkirk Pre-School opened a facility to care for two to five year olds on the site in November.
Fakenham Children’s Daycare Centre opened in 1993 and currently serves around 150 families.
Were you affected by the closure? Write to email@example.com