NHS, justice and leadership on the agenda for town’s new ‘festival of ideas’
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a new ‘Festival of Ideas’ are hoping it will help put their town on the map.
Active Fakenham and Fakenham Academy have joined forces for the festival, which is intended to stimulate debate and explore current issues in society.
Topics will include young people in the justice system, the NHS and leadership, and guest speakers will be Jennifer Lonsdale, Frances Crook, Peter Hart, and Hilary De Lyon.
Richard Crook, chairman of Active Fakenham, said: "This is the first event of its kind in the town and we hope it will be well supported by local people and will also attract people from further away. It is intended to be inspiring and stimulating."
As well as the speakers there will also be stalls at the event, and the chance to show local services such as the academy.
You may also want to watch:
The festival will take place on Saturday, March 7, from 1.30pm to 5.30pm at Fakenham Academy. Entry is £5, visit www.activefakenham.org.uk for more.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 7 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 8 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
- 9 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 10 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen