NHS, justice and leadership on the agenda for town’s new ‘festival of ideas’
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a new ‘Festival of Ideas’ are hoping it will help put their town on the map.
Active Fakenham and Fakenham Academy have joined forces for the festival, which is intended to stimulate debate and explore current issues in society.
Topics will include young people in the justice system, the NHS and leadership, and guest speakers will be Jennifer Lonsdale, Frances Crook, Peter Hart, and Hilary De Lyon.
Richard Crook, chairman of Active Fakenham, said: "This is the first event of its kind in the town and we hope it will be well supported by local people and will also attract people from further away. It is intended to be inspiring and stimulating."
As well as the speakers there will also be stalls at the event, and the chance to show local services such as the academy.
You may also want to watch:
The festival will take place on Saturday, March 7, from 1.30pm to 5.30pm at Fakenham Academy. Entry is £5, visit www.activefakenham.org.uk for more.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week