Fakenham man prepares to join Royal Navy air crew
- Credit: Archant
A man from Fakenham is preparing to train as a Royal Navy air crewman after successfully completing basic training.
Trainee Naval Airmen Sergei Harvey, 20, completed an intensive 10-week training course at HMS Raleigh in Cornwall, where he learnt the basics of Naval discipline and customs.
He will now head to RAF Shawbury, near Shrewsbury, where he will train as an Air Crewman.
“I joined the Royal Navy for the challenge of travelling and because of the career prospects, and also to fly professionally,” said Mr Harvey.
“The days have been very long, but the weeks have flown past. Overall training has been challenging, but completely worth it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Royal Navy’s initial training course involves learning navigation and taking control of a medium sized inflatable boat during a waterborne exercise. Recruits also undergo training in combat skills.
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 3 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries