Fakenham man prepares to join Royal Navy air crew
- Credit: Archant
A man from Fakenham is preparing to train as a Royal Navy air crewman after successfully completing basic training.
Trainee Naval Airmen Sergei Harvey, 20, completed an intensive 10-week training course at HMS Raleigh in Cornwall, where he learnt the basics of Naval discipline and customs.
He will now head to RAF Shawbury, near Shrewsbury, where he will train as an Air Crewman.
“I joined the Royal Navy for the challenge of travelling and because of the career prospects, and also to fly professionally,” said Mr Harvey.
“The days have been very long, but the weeks have flown past. Overall training has been challenging, but completely worth it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Royal Navy’s initial training course involves learning navigation and taking control of a medium sized inflatable boat during a waterborne exercise. Recruits also undergo training in combat skills.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk