Fakenham man prepares to join Royal Navy air crew
- Credit: Archant
A man from Fakenham is preparing to train as a Royal Navy air crewman after successfully completing basic training.
Trainee Naval Airmen Sergei Harvey, 20, completed an intensive 10-week training course at HMS Raleigh in Cornwall, where he learnt the basics of Naval discipline and customs.
He will now head to RAF Shawbury, near Shrewsbury, where he will train as an Air Crewman.
“I joined the Royal Navy for the challenge of travelling and because of the career prospects, and also to fly professionally,” said Mr Harvey.
“The days have been very long, but the weeks have flown past. Overall training has been challenging, but completely worth it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Royal Navy’s initial training course involves learning navigation and taking control of a medium sized inflatable boat during a waterborne exercise. Recruits also undergo training in combat skills.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 3 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 4 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 5 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere
- 6 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 7 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 8 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 9 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 10 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed