Fakenham man prepares to join Royal Navy air crew
- Credit: Archant
A man from Fakenham is preparing to train as a Royal Navy air crewman after successfully completing basic training.
Trainee Naval Airmen Sergei Harvey, 20, completed an intensive 10-week training course at HMS Raleigh in Cornwall, where he learnt the basics of Naval discipline and customs.
He will now head to RAF Shawbury, near Shrewsbury, where he will train as an Air Crewman.
“I joined the Royal Navy for the challenge of travelling and because of the career prospects, and also to fly professionally,” said Mr Harvey.
“The days have been very long, but the weeks have flown past. Overall training has been challenging, but completely worth it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Royal Navy’s initial training course involves learning navigation and taking control of a medium sized inflatable boat during a waterborne exercise. Recruits also undergo training in combat skills.
- 1 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 2 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 3 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 9 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback