Fakenham charity First Focus secure partnership with Kinnerton
- Credit: Ian Burt
Following a poll of its employees Fakenham-based confectionery firm Kinnerton has announced First Focus will be one of its charities of 2019.
At its centre in Oak Street, First Focus provides a friendly meeting place and activity centre where people receive help with issues such as loneliness, mental and physical health problems, unemployment and financial difficulties.
In a letter from Hannah Nicholson, one of Kinnerton’s charity, community and wellbeing champions, she described First Focus as being “a brilliant cause, that is close to a lot of people’s hearts.”
A third of all the money raised by Kinnerton in charity events will be donated to First Focus.
First Focus co-ordinator April Simnor said First Focus and is very grateful to Kinnerton.
You may also want to watch:
Kinnerton has been in Fakenham for more than 30 years and is the town’s biggest employer.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place