Fakenham charity First Focus secure partnership with Kinnerton
- Credit: Ian Burt
Following a poll of its employees Fakenham-based confectionery firm Kinnerton has announced First Focus will be one of its charities of 2019.
At its centre in Oak Street, First Focus provides a friendly meeting place and activity centre where people receive help with issues such as loneliness, mental and physical health problems, unemployment and financial difficulties.
In a letter from Hannah Nicholson, one of Kinnerton’s charity, community and wellbeing champions, she described First Focus as being “a brilliant cause, that is close to a lot of people’s hearts.”
A third of all the money raised by Kinnerton in charity events will be donated to First Focus.
First Focus co-ordinator April Simnor said First Focus and is very grateful to Kinnerton.
You may also want to watch:
Kinnerton has been in Fakenham for more than 30 years and is the town’s biggest employer.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate