Pharmacy team putting lockdown walks to the test in trek
- Credit: Fakenham pharmacy
Staff at a Norfolk pharmacy are looking to put their lockdown walks to the test.
The team at Fakenham pharmacy are planning to take part in TREK24, walking a 24 mile route in Holkham to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Lucy Kinsley, who works at the pharmacy, floated the idea when out walking with a colleague. Now, the whole team is planning the walk on Sunday, September 12.
“We are quite excited,” she said.
“It’s a bit of a challenge, some of us exercise and some don’t but it will be nice for team spirit.
You may also want to watch:
“We are like a family now because we have spent so much time together this last year.
“We are all excited about it, it's something to look forward to, and we all want to get a bit fitter.”
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 4 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 5 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 8 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
All the staff are taking part, but there will be someone at the pharmacy on the day.
You can donate to their trek here.