Fakenham day centre receives donation from ukulele group
- Credit: Archant
A day centre in Fakenham enjoyed a morning of Hawaiian music with a special concert from a local ukulele group.
The music group visited the Fakenham Community Hub, which is based at Cranmer House on Norwich Road, on January 9 to entertain a packed audience and present a cheque for £300.
The Fakenham Ukulele Group was formed in the summer of 2016 by leader, Graham Thomas, and member Ian Tudor. Members pay a voluntary fee to take part and the group decided to use the money to help local charities.
Mr Tudor said: “The centre is local with local residents, it’s a good cause and we decided we’d make this our first donation.”
Day centre team manager, Shirley Watton, expressed her thanks for the donation and said the money would go towards a rise and tilt chair.
You may also want to watch:
Ukulele players can learn more by contacting Graham Thomas on 07769 838762 or Ian Tudor on 07776 265578.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 9 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 10 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid