Fakenham day centre receives donation from ukulele group
- Credit: Archant
A day centre in Fakenham enjoyed a morning of Hawaiian music with a special concert from a local ukulele group.
The music group visited the Fakenham Community Hub, which is based at Cranmer House on Norwich Road, on January 9 to entertain a packed audience and present a cheque for £300.
The Fakenham Ukulele Group was formed in the summer of 2016 by leader, Graham Thomas, and member Ian Tudor. Members pay a voluntary fee to take part and the group decided to use the money to help local charities.
Mr Tudor said: “The centre is local with local residents, it’s a good cause and we decided we’d make this our first donation.”
Day centre team manager, Shirley Watton, expressed her thanks for the donation and said the money would go towards a rise and tilt chair.
You may also want to watch:
Ukulele players can learn more by contacting Graham Thomas on 07769 838762 or Ian Tudor on 07776 265578.
- 1 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 2 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Dino park launches at-home activities for children
- 7 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 10 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout