Your say - What do you think about the Fakenham lido proposal?
- Credit: Aaron McMillan
Since the launch of a petition last month, plans for lido in Fakenham have been a hot topic in the town.
But, do they have support on the street?
Reporter Aaron McMillan asked people what they thought of the idea on market day.
Warwick Jones, 68, from Fakenham, said, “Yeah, I was happy to hear the plan.
"Lido or indoor pool, I wouldn’t be able to comment on which one would be better, I just think Fakenham needs a swimming pool, whatever it is I think it’s a good idea.
"I wouldn’t say it is essential but certainly important. It would be something that encourages exercise, and that appeals to all ages.”
Christine Adams, 70, from Wells-next-the-Sea, said, “I’m not that much of a swimmer, but I think it is a good idea because it is sad to see shops closing and the high street winding down apart from the market, so it will add something extra for the town."
- 1 Film studio which brought John Travolta to Norfolk shuts for good
- 2 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 3 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 4 Norfolk winery wins prestigious national award
- 5 Sparse and getting older - What the census says about north Norfolk
- 6 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
- 9 Headteacher set to depart school after 'proud' 12 years
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Terry Kane, 80, from Wells-next-the-Sea, said, “We need to exercise more. I have never been keen on swimming in the sea so I might come along.
"It's a place for people to exercise and a place to go out, I think it is a good idea.”
Callaby Robert, 83, from Rawdon in Yorkshire said, “It is always a good idea to have a place where people can go and exercise.
"We have them in Yorkshire and it attracts people to the area. It just needs to have another function for the winter.”
Liz Davis, 60, from Gateley, said, “I think it is a good idea, especially as we do not have a pool, I think we need it.
"A town of this size needs a swimming pool. It would bring others into the town.”
Sue Bate, 56, from Fakenham, said, “Yes, because at the moment you have to go to Sheringham or Norwich if you want to go swimming.
"It is ridiculous a town this size does not have somewhere to swim. I think the lido is an excellent idea and I would use it.”