Theatre group celebrate success of sell-out Chitty Chitty Bang Bang run
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning north Norfolk theatrical society are celebrating the success of their latest production.
The cast of over 40 members of the Fakenham and District Light Operatic Society (FADLOS) saw their six sold out performances of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang receive standing ovations during its run from Tuesday, May 14 to Saturday, May 18.
The show, which was the East Anglian amateur premiere of the musical, at Fakenham's community centre, was FADLOS' best-selling show in 52 years.
Chairman Ben Francis, who played Caractacus Potts, said: "We are so proud to have brought the premiere to Fakenham and to produce a high quality show with affordable ticket prices.
"Live affordable theatre brings people to the town.
You may also want to watch:
"We had over 1,350 people visit the show, [with] lots from outside the town."
The group's next show will be the pantomime Cinderella in December and the hit musical Chicago in May 2020.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid