Theatre group celebrate success of sell-out Chitty Chitty Bang Bang run
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning north Norfolk theatrical society are celebrating the success of their latest production.
The cast of over 40 members of the Fakenham and District Light Operatic Society (FADLOS) saw their six sold out performances of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang receive standing ovations during its run from Tuesday, May 14 to Saturday, May 18.
The show, which was the East Anglian amateur premiere of the musical, at Fakenham's community centre, was FADLOS' best-selling show in 52 years.
Chairman Ben Francis, who played Caractacus Potts, said: "We are so proud to have brought the premiere to Fakenham and to produce a high quality show with affordable ticket prices.
"Live affordable theatre brings people to the town.
You may also want to watch:
"We had over 1,350 people visit the show, [with] lots from outside the town."
The group's next show will be the pantomime Cinderella in December and the hit musical Chicago in May 2020.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week