Theatre group celebrate success of sell-out Chitty Chitty Bang Bang run
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning north Norfolk theatrical society are celebrating the success of their latest production.
The cast of over 40 members of the Fakenham and District Light Operatic Society (FADLOS) saw their six sold out performances of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang receive standing ovations during its run from Tuesday, May 14 to Saturday, May 18.
The show, which was the East Anglian amateur premiere of the musical, at Fakenham's community centre, was FADLOS' best-selling show in 52 years.
Chairman Ben Francis, who played Caractacus Potts, said: "We are so proud to have brought the premiere to Fakenham and to produce a high quality show with affordable ticket prices.
"Live affordable theatre brings people to the town.
You may also want to watch:
"We had over 1,350 people visit the show, [with] lots from outside the town."
The group's next show will be the pantomime Cinderella in December and the hit musical Chicago in May 2020.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Campsite team's shock as couple turn up in campervan
- 9 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 10 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV