Theatre group celebrate success of sell-out Chitty Chitty Bang Bang run
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning north Norfolk theatrical society are celebrating the success of their latest production.
The cast of over 40 members of the Fakenham and District Light Operatic Society (FADLOS) saw their six sold out performances of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang receive standing ovations during its run from Tuesday, May 14 to Saturday, May 18.
The show, which was the East Anglian amateur premiere of the musical, at Fakenham's community centre, was FADLOS' best-selling show in 52 years.
Chairman Ben Francis, who played Caractacus Potts, said: "We are so proud to have brought the premiere to Fakenham and to produce a high quality show with affordable ticket prices.
"Live affordable theatre brings people to the town.
You may also want to watch:
"We had over 1,350 people visit the show, [with] lots from outside the town."
The group's next show will be the pantomime Cinderella in December and the hit musical Chicago in May 2020.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 7 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 8 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
- 9 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 10 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen