Theatre group celebrate success of sell-out Chitty Chitty Bang Bang run
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning north Norfolk theatrical society are celebrating the success of their latest production.
The cast of over 40 members of the Fakenham and District Light Operatic Society (FADLOS) saw their six sold out performances of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang receive standing ovations during its run from Tuesday, May 14 to Saturday, May 18.
The show, which was the East Anglian amateur premiere of the musical, at Fakenham's community centre, was FADLOS' best-selling show in 52 years.
Chairman Ben Francis, who played Caractacus Potts, said: "We are so proud to have brought the premiere to Fakenham and to produce a high quality show with affordable ticket prices.
"Live affordable theatre brings people to the town.
You may also want to watch:
"We had over 1,350 people visit the show, [with] lots from outside the town."
The group's next show will be the pantomime Cinderella in December and the hit musical Chicago in May 2020.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages