Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- Credit: BBC/Lifted Entertainment, Part of ITV Studios/Rachel Joseph
Students from Cambridge University incorrectly answered a question about a Norfolk town in the latest episode of University Challenge.
After correctly answering a question on Benjamin Disraeli in Monday night's episode - the students from Emmanuel College were given a set of three bonus questions.
All the questions had answers of place names in England ending in the suffix 'ham'.
Host Jeremy Paxman asked: "The market town and racecourse, close to the village of Little Snoring and about 10 miles south of Wells-Next-The-Sea"
The team from Emmanuel College answered Cheltenham.
To this answer Mr Paxman said: "That's nowhere near the sea, no it's Fakenham."
The team from Cambridge was against the Royal Northern College of Music.
- 1 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 2 Council set to sell mobile home site
- 3 Plans for new Fakenham swimming pool and sports pitch revealed
- 4 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 5 Fakenham swimming pool plans - Everything you need to know
- 6 'An iron man in a wooden boat' - Tribute paid to legendary coxswain
- 7 Four things we learned from Fakenham's annual assembly
- 8 'Ecstatic and surprised' - Crab restaurant nominated for national awards
- 9 Extra speed check camera vans to target Norfolk's 'village speeders'
- 10 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
Emmanuel College went on to win the match and advanced to round two.