Family fun day at Holkham Hall to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
Bookings are now open for a big charity fund raising day on the grounds of one of North Norfolk’s top estates.
The Archdeacon’s Charge and Picnic is set to take place at Holkham Hall on May 7 and it will be packed with events for families, including their annual sponsored fun run, walk and picnic.
The event is organised by the Diocese of Norwich with the aim of raising money for churches, schools, youth groups and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Reverand Clive Wylie said: “My first experience of the Archdeacon’s Charge was in 2012 at Sandringham and I have participated every year since. I have seen what was initially a sponsored walk and run evolve into a fantastic fun-filled family day out.
“Last year fourteen of us from the Creake’s Benefice took part and it was a great opportunity for us to get to know one another better and to support and encourage each other around the course. Some walked while others ran. Some did the full 10 miles while others did what they were able. But what was important was that we were together having fun.
You may also want to watch:
“Participating in the Archdeacon’s Charge ignited a passion for running that has contributed to me, at 53 years old, being in the best shape of my life.”
The run is 5km long and participants can choose how many laps they wish to do. Guests will also be able to browse the popular craft market, listen to live music performances and view classic cars.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
The event takes place on May 7 and runs from 10am until 3pm. Booking is now open and entry is £5 per adult while under-18s are free. Parking is also free and there will be a designated parking area. Along with booking ahead to skip the queues, people can pay when they arrive.
The event was founded in 2010 by John Ashe, Archdeacon of Lynn, who wished to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance after they saved his wife’s life following a serious car accident in 2009 when she was airlifted from the crash scene. Since it was founded the event has raised over £110,000, half of which has been donated to the Air Ambulance.