Festive fun for four-legged friends as ‘Santa Paws’ visits Wells
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Dog lovers and their four-legged friends attending the Wells Christmas Tide festival can look forward to a unique festive treat.
Pups can enjoy a festive photoshoot with Santa Paws on Saturday, December 2.
And the resulting photos of pets with Father Christmas himself will be a treasured memory for years to come.
While mystery surrounds the identity of Wells’ dog-loving Santa, some have suggested her sonorous Welsh tones are reminiscent of former Alderman Peel High School teacher Jean Davies.
Dog owners can find Santa Paws’ very own ‘Doggy Grotto’ at the entrance to the Staithe Street car park from 10am to 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
For £2.50 they can take their pet’s picture with Santa Paws and land a bag full of doggy treats, with all proceeds being donated to the Wells and La Ferte Town Twinning Association.
The Christmas Tide festival marks the beginning of the festive season in Wells, as Santa arrives by sea.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 7 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park