Fire chiefs to join police for public Q&A
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police and fire chiefs will take questions from the public next week in a special consultation held in Fakenham.
Norfolk police and crime commisioner (PCC) Lorne Green will host the session with chief constable Simon Bailey and chief fire officer Stuart Ruff. County council cabinet member with responsibility for fire services, Margaret Dewsbury, will also attend.
Mr Green said: "The regular policing and crime Q&A events are part of ensuring Norfolk's policing service remains visible, accessible and accountable. They've proven hugely successful, with the Norfolk public taking good advantage of the unique opportunity to address their questions, concerns and ideas directly.
"For our Q&A in Fakenham, I am pleased fire officials will join us. This opens the event up to fire & rescue-related questions, as well as discussion of joint working between our police and fire service, and wider safety issues.
"Everybody should have the opportunity to influence public services where they live. It's essential to me that, as public servants, we learn from the views and concerns of our communities."
You may also want to watch:
This follows concerns over the loss of fire engines in five stations across the county, including Fakenham. Crews and councillors raised questions over the new 4x4 units rolling out to these stations, with a union spokerperson saying they were 'not a viable replacement'.
The consultation will take place in Fakenham Community Centre, on Oak Street, on Monday July 22 from 5.30pm.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn