Man arrested after being freed from car following crash in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested following a crash in north Norfolk after testing positive for drugs and alcohol.
Firefighters from Fakenham were called to Creake Road, in Sculthorpe, near to the market town, shortly before 10am on Sunday, February 3.
The two crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service helped to removed a person from the vehicle using hydraulic rescue equipment.
Officers from North Norfolk police took to Twitter to inform the public. The post read: “#PC633 & #PC1912 attended an RTC at Creake Road, Fakenham today. Driver was arrested after testing positive for drugs & alcohol. Was taken to hospital with minor injuries.”
A crew from the East of England Ambulance Service attended and the East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The vehicle and surrounding area was made safe for other road users by the fire crews.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
- 10 Roofer warns against 'Good Samaritan' scammers