Man arrested after being freed from car following crash in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested following a crash in north Norfolk after testing positive for drugs and alcohol.
Firefighters from Fakenham were called to Creake Road, in Sculthorpe, near to the market town, shortly before 10am on Sunday, February 3.
The two crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service helped to removed a person from the vehicle using hydraulic rescue equipment.
Officers from North Norfolk police took to Twitter to inform the public. The post read: “#PC633 & #PC1912 attended an RTC at Creake Road, Fakenham today. Driver was arrested after testing positive for drugs & alcohol. Was taken to hospital with minor injuries.”
A crew from the East of England Ambulance Service attended and the East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The vehicle and surrounding area was made safe for other road users by the fire crews.
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 3 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 4 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 8 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 9 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 10 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend