Man arrested after being freed from car following crash in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested following a crash in north Norfolk after testing positive for drugs and alcohol.
Firefighters from Fakenham were called to Creake Road, in Sculthorpe, near to the market town, shortly before 10am on Sunday, February 3.
The two crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service helped to removed a person from the vehicle using hydraulic rescue equipment.
Officers from North Norfolk police took to Twitter to inform the public. The post read: “#PC633 & #PC1912 attended an RTC at Creake Road, Fakenham today. Driver was arrested after testing positive for drugs & alcohol. Was taken to hospital with minor injuries.”
A crew from the East of England Ambulance Service attended and the East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The vehicle and surrounding area was made safe for other road users by the fire crews.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 3 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 4 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 5 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 8 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 9 Eyes-down for a full house as charity bingo returns to Fakenham
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible