Man arrested after being freed from car following crash in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested following a crash in north Norfolk after testing positive for drugs and alcohol.
Firefighters from Fakenham were called to Creake Road, in Sculthorpe, near to the market town, shortly before 10am on Sunday, February 3.
The two crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service helped to removed a person from the vehicle using hydraulic rescue equipment.
Officers from North Norfolk police took to Twitter to inform the public. The post read: “#PC633 & #PC1912 attended an RTC at Creake Road, Fakenham today. Driver was arrested after testing positive for drugs & alcohol. Was taken to hospital with minor injuries.”
A crew from the East of England Ambulance Service attended and the East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called.
The driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The vehicle and surrounding area was made safe for other road users by the fire crews.
- 1 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 2 Fancy dress runners brave elements for Pensthorpe festive 5K
- 3 Your Say: What do Fakenham people think of Norwich Street 'carbuncle'?
- 4 Hundreds gather for return of Wells Christmas Tide Festival
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Sports centre hopes to unite members old and new for 50th anniversary
- 7 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 8 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 9 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 10 Strong winds to continue as police issue flooding and debris warning