Fishing boat rescued after rope gets tangled in propeller
- Credit: RNLI Wells
A fishing boat with a fouled propeller was rescued by a lifeboat crew on Sunday evening.
The fishing vessel had got into trouble 16 miles off the coast of Wells after a rope became wrapped around one of its propeller.
The all-weather lifeboat arrived at the vessel at 7.36pm to find two fishermen on board safe and well.
The lifeboat towed the boat into West Cardinal buoy before it managed to make its own way into Wells Quay.
The lifeboat was ashore at 9pm.
It was sanitised, rehoused, refuelled and back on service again at 10.15pm.
- 1 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 2 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 5 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
- 6 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 7 Headteacher says 'good' Ofsted rating a testament to hard work
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 'It's time to decarbonise construction' - MP calls for regulation
- 10 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk