Charity week raises money for complex needs
- Credit: Archant
A complex needs charity has swapped its annual trip with a week of celebrations around town, raising money to support its users.
All were welcomed to events held around Fakenham in aid of Fitzroy, a charity based in the town supporting children and adults with complex needs.
The group headed to Millennium Park for a sporting games day, and the next day attendees put on their best fancy dress. On Thursday, the group held a small carnival in their sensory garden, after barbecue in the sun.
Will Thompson, deputy manager, said: "It has been very enjoyable, and the staff are knackered from it. It's the first time we've done this, but we'd definitely do it again.
"I can't believe how many have come along, we've be packed. We've had maybe 100, 200 visitors? It has absolutely been a success."
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, the group sang karaoke and thanked the community for the £675 they raised across the whole week.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 5 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'