Charity week raises money for complex needs
- Credit: Archant
A complex needs charity has swapped its annual trip with a week of celebrations around town, raising money to support its users.
All were welcomed to events held around Fakenham in aid of Fitzroy, a charity based in the town supporting children and adults with complex needs.
The group headed to Millennium Park for a sporting games day, and the next day attendees put on their best fancy dress. On Thursday, the group held a small carnival in their sensory garden, after barbecue in the sun.
Will Thompson, deputy manager, said: "It has been very enjoyable, and the staff are knackered from it. It's the first time we've done this, but we'd definitely do it again.
"I can't believe how many have come along, we've be packed. We've had maybe 100, 200 visitors? It has absolutely been a success."
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, the group sang karaoke and thanked the community for the £675 they raised across the whole week.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 6 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 7 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 8 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 9 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist