Charity week raises money for complex needs
- Credit: Archant
A complex needs charity has swapped its annual trip with a week of celebrations around town, raising money to support its users.
All were welcomed to events held around Fakenham in aid of Fitzroy, a charity based in the town supporting children and adults with complex needs.
The group headed to Millennium Park for a sporting games day, and the next day attendees put on their best fancy dress. On Thursday, the group held a small carnival in their sensory garden, after barbecue in the sun.
Will Thompson, deputy manager, said: "It has been very enjoyable, and the staff are knackered from it. It's the first time we've done this, but we'd definitely do it again.
"I can't believe how many have come along, we've be packed. We've had maybe 100, 200 visitors? It has absolutely been a success."
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, the group sang karaoke and thanked the community for the £675 they raised across the whole week.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 8 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea