Five thousand reasons to be cheerful
A youth theatre group in Fakenham is celebrating the award of a �5,000 grant which has secured their financial future for the next five years. Fadlos Kidz, a branch of the Fakenham and District Light Operatic Society, was given the money by the Norfolk Charitable Trust, which promotes community and business projects across the county.
A youth theatre group in Fakenham is celebrating the award of a �5,000 grant which has secured their financial future for the next five years.
Fadlos Kidz, a branch of the Fakenham and District Light Operatic Society, was given the money by the Norfolk Charitable Trust, which promotes community and business projects across the county.
The amateur dramatics group, which has 50 members aged between seven and 19, contacted the trust earlier this year after hearing of other local projects supported by the charity.
Joanna Ryan, co-director of the group, said the cash boost would allow the young performers to concentrate on rehearsals for their next production - the West End musical Hairspray.
You may also want to watch:
“This grant allows us to relax about money and concentrate fully on the show,” she said. “People do not realise how expensive it is to put on a musical of this scale and the funding means the group can continue definitely for the next five years. We are extremely grateful.”
Laura Foster, chief executive of the Norfolk Charitable Trust, said: “Fakenham is an area with limited entertainment resources for youngsters and Fadlos Kidz provides an outlet for their energies. We felt that the group deserved the financial support to match the hours of voluntary time given up for the children. It is a successful group who can now continue to grow and progress.”
- 1 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 2 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 3 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 4 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 5 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 6 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 7 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand
- 10 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
Fadlos Kidz' production of Hairspray will be performed at Fakenham Community Centre from July 14-17. The show explores some of the injustices of 1960s America and a replacement cast member is needed for the lead role of Little Inez, a young girl turned away from an audition because she is black.
For more information about auditions, call Joanna Ryan on 07931 262147.