Free cake! For a good cause...
- Credit: Archant
Free jam-filled Victoria sponge cakes are being offered to anyone planning to have a coffee morning for a cancer charity.
Stall-holders at Fakenham Country Market are donating six cakes to anyone holding a Macmillan coffee morning on Friday, September 26.
Debby Craine said: "We bake all sorts of cakes in a regular week, and give cakes to anyone doing a fundraiser. They know to ask us if we have leftovers.
"I think Macmillan is a cause close to all of our hearts, as they have helped us all, through people we know, in different ways. For me, their nurses helped my friend Anne stay at home toward the end of her life, with her family and pets.
"Anyone running a Macmillan coffee morning can talk to us at the WI hut on the market, with some sort of proof, for a cake to go toward it."
You may also want to watch:
The stall is open 9am-1pm on Thursday, August 26, ahead of the coffee morning the next day.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages