Free cake! For a good cause...
- Credit: Archant
Free jam-filled Victoria sponge cakes are being offered to anyone planning to have a coffee morning for a cancer charity.
Stall-holders at Fakenham Country Market are donating six cakes to anyone holding a Macmillan coffee morning on Friday, September 26.
Debby Craine said: "We bake all sorts of cakes in a regular week, and give cakes to anyone doing a fundraiser. They know to ask us if we have leftovers.
"I think Macmillan is a cause close to all of our hearts, as they have helped us all, through people we know, in different ways. For me, their nurses helped my friend Anne stay at home toward the end of her life, with her family and pets.
"Anyone running a Macmillan coffee morning can talk to us at the WI hut on the market, with some sort of proof, for a cake to go toward it."
You may also want to watch:
The stall is open 9am-1pm on Thursday, August 26, ahead of the coffee morning the next day.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'