Free cake! For a good cause...
- Credit: Archant
Free jam-filled Victoria sponge cakes are being offered to anyone planning to have a coffee morning for a cancer charity.
Stall-holders at Fakenham Country Market are donating six cakes to anyone holding a Macmillan coffee morning on Friday, September 26.
Debby Craine said: "We bake all sorts of cakes in a regular week, and give cakes to anyone doing a fundraiser. They know to ask us if we have leftovers.
"I think Macmillan is a cause close to all of our hearts, as they have helped us all, through people we know, in different ways. For me, their nurses helped my friend Anne stay at home toward the end of her life, with her family and pets.
"Anyone running a Macmillan coffee morning can talk to us at the WI hut on the market, with some sort of proof, for a cake to go toward it."
You may also want to watch:
The stall is open 9am-1pm on Thursday, August 26, ahead of the coffee morning the next day.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Roofer warns against 'Good Samaritan' scammers
- 9 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
- 10 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV