Free cake! For a good cause...
- Credit: Archant
Free jam-filled Victoria sponge cakes are being offered to anyone planning to have a coffee morning for a cancer charity.
Stall-holders at Fakenham Country Market are donating six cakes to anyone holding a Macmillan coffee morning on Friday, September 26.
Debby Craine said: "We bake all sorts of cakes in a regular week, and give cakes to anyone doing a fundraiser. They know to ask us if we have leftovers.
"I think Macmillan is a cause close to all of our hearts, as they have helped us all, through people we know, in different ways. For me, their nurses helped my friend Anne stay at home toward the end of her life, with her family and pets.
"Anyone running a Macmillan coffee morning can talk to us at the WI hut on the market, with some sort of proof, for a cake to go toward it."
You may also want to watch:
The stall is open 9am-1pm on Thursday, August 26, ahead of the coffee morning the next day.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book