Free car parking in run up to Christmas
Parking in North Norfolk's council-run car parks will be free for up to two hours on the four Saturdays before Christmas, starting this weekend.On November 28 and December 5, 12 and 19 customers will be able to park for up to two hours for free in all 28 of North Norfolk District Council's paying car parks.
Parking in North Norfolk's council-run car parks will be free for up to two hours on the four Saturdays before Christmas, starting this weekend.
On November 28 and December 5, 12 and 19 customers will be able to park for up to two hours for free in all 28 of North Norfolk District Council's paying car parks.
Though the aim is to make Christmas shopping in North Norfolk's towns a more attractive prospect and boost business for local traders, rural car parks will be included too.
Parking is usually �1 an hour, but depends upon the location and type of car park.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Moore, the council's cabinet member for resources, said: “There's such a wealth and variety of shops in North Norfolk and we hope residents will be tempted to explore what they have on their doorsteps when they're preparing for the festive season. There's no need to travel all the way to Norwich, or even further afield.
“Our local businesses need all the support North Norfolk people can give them, at this time of economic uncertainty. And we, the district council, are delighted to help in this way.”
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut