Free car parking in run up to Christmas
Parking in North Norfolk's council-run car parks will be free for up to two hours on the four Saturdays before Christmas, starting this weekend.On November 28 and December 5, 12 and 19 customers will be able to park for up to two hours for free in all 28 of North Norfolk District Council's paying car parks.
Parking in North Norfolk's council-run car parks will be free for up to two hours on the four Saturdays before Christmas, starting this weekend.
On November 28 and December 5, 12 and 19 customers will be able to park for up to two hours for free in all 28 of North Norfolk District Council's paying car parks.
Though the aim is to make Christmas shopping in North Norfolk's towns a more attractive prospect and boost business for local traders, rural car parks will be included too.
Parking is usually �1 an hour, but depends upon the location and type of car park.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Moore, the council's cabinet member for resources, said: “There's such a wealth and variety of shops in North Norfolk and we hope residents will be tempted to explore what they have on their doorsteps when they're preparing for the festive season. There's no need to travel all the way to Norwich, or even further afield.
“Our local businesses need all the support North Norfolk people can give them, at this time of economic uncertainty. And we, the district council, are delighted to help in this way.”
- 1 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 2 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 5 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 6 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 10 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid