A decade of opening the glorious azalea and rhododendron gardens at Stody Lodge, near Fakenham, to visitors was recognised at a special presentation.Adel MacNichol was presented with an inscribed garden trowel marking 10 years of the gardens being open on Sundays during May through the National Gardens Scheme.
A decade of opening the glorious azalea and rhododendron gardens at Stody Lodge, near Fakenham, to visitors was recognised at a special presentation.
Adel MacNichol was presented with an inscribed garden trowel marking 10 years of the gardens being open on Sundays during May through the National Gardens Scheme.
The presentation was made by gardening expert and Eastern Daily Press columnist, Alan Gray, at Sly's, Farm, North Creake. The walled garden at Sly's Farm was being opened for the first time on Sunday and again on May 11 between 11am and 4pm.
Mrs MacNichol said it was an honour to receive the award . Opening her gardens at Stody Lodge gave many thousands of people great pleasure while also supporting, through the National Gardens Scheme, a variety of worthwhile charities.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs MacNichol said that people travel from far and wide to visit the gardens at Stody Lodge. She said that it isn't perhaps well-known that the gardens are at their best during mid-May so the peak time for seeing the azaleas and the rhododendrons at their best will be on May 11 or the 18. Home-made teas are available.
Admission is £4.50 for adults with children under 12 admitted free. Car parking is free.
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
More information about the Stody gardens being opened can be found by contacting 01328 860254 or via the website www.stodyestate.co.uk.