Gas cylinder fire causes road to be closed in Fakenham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A gas cylinder caught fire at a Fakenham business prompting a road to be closed and the area to be cordoned off.
Fire crews from Fakenham and Holt were called to the Johnson Brothers agricultural business on Greenway Lane shortly after midday day on Wednesday to reports that an acetylene gas cylinder had caught fire.
The road was closed while main and hose reel jets were used to extinguish the cylinder.
A spokesperson from the Johnson Brothers, said: “One of our cylinders caught alight and we quickly evacuated.
“The fire crews arrived and the road was closed as a precautionary measure but as the cylinder was self contained and didn’t explode. The fire brigade did what they could to cool it down and eventually deemed it safe.
You may also want to watch:
“Everything is now back to normal and it is business as usual.”
Greenway Lane has reopened and there were no reported injuries.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages