Gas cylinder fire causes road to be closed in Fakenham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A gas cylinder caught fire at a Fakenham business prompting a road to be closed and the area to be cordoned off.
Fire crews from Fakenham and Holt were called to the Johnson Brothers agricultural business on Greenway Lane shortly after midday day on Wednesday to reports that an acetylene gas cylinder had caught fire.
The road was closed while main and hose reel jets were used to extinguish the cylinder.
A spokesperson from the Johnson Brothers, said: “One of our cylinders caught alight and we quickly evacuated.
“The fire crews arrived and the road was closed as a precautionary measure but as the cylinder was self contained and didn’t explode. The fire brigade did what they could to cool it down and eventually deemed it safe.
You may also want to watch:
“Everything is now back to normal and it is business as usual.”
Greenway Lane has reopened and there were no reported injuries.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 8 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'