Gas cylinder fire causes road to be closed in Fakenham

Firefighters were called after a gas cylinder caught fire. Picture: Denise Bradley.

Firefighters were called after a gas cylinder caught fire. Picture: Denise Bradley. - Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017

A gas cylinder caught fire at a Fakenham business prompting a road to be closed and the area to be cordoned off.

Fire crews from Fakenham and Holt were called to the Johnson Brothers agricultural business on Greenway Lane shortly after midday day on Wednesday to reports that an acetylene gas cylinder had caught fire.

The road was closed while main and hose reel jets were used to extinguish the cylinder.

A spokesperson from the Johnson Brothers, said: “One of our cylinders caught alight and we quickly evacuated.

“The fire crews arrived and the road was closed as a precautionary measure but as the cylinder was self contained and didn’t explode. The fire brigade did what they could to cool it down and eventually deemed it safe.


You may also want to watch:


“Everything is now back to normal and it is business as usual.”

Greenway Lane has reopened and there were no reported injuries.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus