Gas cylinder fire causes road to be closed in Fakenham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A gas cylinder caught fire at a Fakenham business prompting a road to be closed and the area to be cordoned off.
Fire crews from Fakenham and Holt were called to the Johnson Brothers agricultural business on Greenway Lane shortly after midday day on Wednesday to reports that an acetylene gas cylinder had caught fire.
The road was closed while main and hose reel jets were used to extinguish the cylinder.
A spokesperson from the Johnson Brothers, said: “One of our cylinders caught alight and we quickly evacuated.
“The fire crews arrived and the road was closed as a precautionary measure but as the cylinder was self contained and didn’t explode. The fire brigade did what they could to cool it down and eventually deemed it safe.
You may also want to watch:
“Everything is now back to normal and it is business as usual.”
Greenway Lane has reopened and there were no reported injuries.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Campsite team's shock as couple turn up in campervan
- 8 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea