Gas cylinder fire causes road to be closed in Fakenham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A gas cylinder caught fire at a Fakenham business prompting a road to be closed and the area to be cordoned off.
Fire crews from Fakenham and Holt were called to the Johnson Brothers agricultural business on Greenway Lane shortly after midday day on Wednesday to reports that an acetylene gas cylinder had caught fire.
The road was closed while main and hose reel jets were used to extinguish the cylinder.
A spokesperson from the Johnson Brothers, said: “One of our cylinders caught alight and we quickly evacuated.
“The fire crews arrived and the road was closed as a precautionary measure but as the cylinder was self contained and didn’t explode. The fire brigade did what they could to cool it down and eventually deemed it safe.
You may also want to watch:
“Everything is now back to normal and it is business as usual.”
Greenway Lane has reopened and there were no reported injuries.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission