Get set for Super Saturday - farmers market, makers market, carols and Christmas lights in Fakenham
- Credit: Ian Burt
Get set for Super Saturday. That’s the message from KickStart Fakenham, as the town gets set to re-stage its Christmas switch-on.
Strong winds forced the cancellation of last weekend’s event, which has been re-scheduled for Saturday.
Adrian Vertigan, from KickStart, said visitors to the town could expect a packed day.
“They’re calling it Super Saturday,” he said. “We’ve got the farmer’s market, the makers market, the switch-on, we’ve got fairground rides, lots of different caterers, silly games on the main stage. There’ll be dancing, carol singing, a traditional Christmas event.”
Mr Vertigan said the markets would get under way in the morning. The build-up to the switch on would begin on stage at 2.30pm, with Santa dropping in from Lapland to switch on the lights at 4.30pm. He added: “The forecast is looking cold and bright, so it’s hopefully going to be a much better day.”
You may also want to watch:
Janet Holdom from the Fakenham Area Partnership, which raises funds for the display, said: “Thanks to the Kings and Barnham team for their hard work on the installation and community contribution, holding down costs and this year extending the display across to Norwich Road shops.
“Fakenham Area Partnership would like to thank sponsors including Fakenham Town Council, Aldiss, Kinnertons, Tesco, Aldi, High Street banks and businesses for their donations and community spirit, which help maintain the Fakenham Christmas lights display as one of the best in north Norfolk.”
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Campsite team's shock as couple turn up in campervan
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 10 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk