Get set for Super Saturday - farmers market, makers market, carols and Christmas lights in Fakenham
- Credit: Ian Burt
Get set for Super Saturday. That’s the message from KickStart Fakenham, as the town gets set to re-stage its Christmas switch-on.
Strong winds forced the cancellation of last weekend’s event, which has been re-scheduled for Saturday.
Adrian Vertigan, from KickStart, said visitors to the town could expect a packed day.
“They’re calling it Super Saturday,” he said. “We’ve got the farmer’s market, the makers market, the switch-on, we’ve got fairground rides, lots of different caterers, silly games on the main stage. There’ll be dancing, carol singing, a traditional Christmas event.”
Mr Vertigan said the markets would get under way in the morning. The build-up to the switch on would begin on stage at 2.30pm, with Santa dropping in from Lapland to switch on the lights at 4.30pm. He added: “The forecast is looking cold and bright, so it’s hopefully going to be a much better day.”
You may also want to watch:
Janet Holdom from the Fakenham Area Partnership, which raises funds for the display, said: “Thanks to the Kings and Barnham team for their hard work on the installation and community contribution, holding down costs and this year extending the display across to Norwich Road shops.
“Fakenham Area Partnership would like to thank sponsors including Fakenham Town Council, Aldiss, Kinnertons, Tesco, Aldi, High Street banks and businesses for their donations and community spirit, which help maintain the Fakenham Christmas lights display as one of the best in north Norfolk.”
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 6 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 7 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 8 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye