Girl guiding’s greatest award for young leader
- Credit: Sharon Spinks
A member of 3rd Fakenham Guides has received the Baden-Powell Challenge, the greatest achievement in girl guiding.
The challenge requires achievements across five disciplines, including global awareness, diversity and healthy lifestyles.
To complete her challenge, Ellie Allen, 15, gave a talk on global plastic usage, and organised a celebration of Lunar New Year.
She also taught her unit on the challenges of dyslexia and what life is like for children in Kenya. Ellie is a young leader at the Rainbows group in Syderstone, where children recently enjoyed a party she organised.
Sharon Spinks, leader of Ellie's unit, said "We are very proud of Ellie, she is one of only a handful of Guides from the unit to have completed the award.
You may also want to watch:
"The award takes determination, organisation and commitment, and Ellie has done it all with complete conviction."
- 1 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 2 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 3 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 6 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 7 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 8 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 9 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback
- 10 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front