Norfolk's covid cases on or below national average, figures show
- Credit: PA
An area of Norfolk and Waveney is boasting the fifth lowest rate of coronavirus cases in the whole of England.
In East Suffolk, the case rate is only 2 per 100,000, which is the fifth-lowest rate in England and the 10th lowest in the UK.
Norfolk's case rate in the seven days up to Sunday, May 23 was 13 cases per 100,000 people.
That was up 20pc on the 10.8 cases per 100,000 over the previous week up to May 16.
But it remains well below the England average of 24.1 per 100,000.
With case rates so low, just a few cases can lead to what looks like a big percentage jump.
So, while rates in Breckland have gone up by 127pc - that was from 10.7 cases per 100,000 to 24.3 cases per 100,000.
- 1 Councillor says West Norfolk could 'stagnate' without Western Link
- 2 'Wouldn't change it for the world' - Barber and salon owners reflect on first year
- 3 'You have to give it a shot' - Fakenham businesses look to post-Covid world
- 4 Fakenham Figures: Owner of Get Smart on why she loves the town
- 5 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 6 Tributes paid to woman who was her village's heartbeat
- 7 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 8 'You're muted!' - How lockdown changed everything for our town
- 9 Concerns as Delta variant fuels rise in Norfolk Covid cases
- 10 Your Say - What Covid measures would you keep after June 21?
Rates also went up in Broadland by 14pc (from 10.7 per 100,000 to 12.2), North Norfolk by 40pc (4.8 per 100,000 to 6.7) and Norwich by 19pc (14.9 per 100,000 to 17.8).
In Great Yarmouth cases fell by 26pc from 8.1 cases per 100,000 to 6 cases per 100,000.
Rates also fell in South Norfolk by 18pc (from 7.8 cases per 100,000 to 6.4) and Kings Lynn and West Norfolk by 13pc (15.9 cases per 100,000 to 13.9).
Mid Suffolk also saw rates decrease by 37pc from 26 cases per 100,000 to 16.4.
- To keep up with Coronavirus updates, please join our Facebook group: Coronavirus in Norfolk: Support and Advice