All mass vaccination centres in Norfolk are open today
- Credit: Ian Burt
All four of Norfolk's mass vaccination centres are open on Tuesday, despite a blanket of snow still covering the county.
Roads across the area remain hazardous after a further sprinkling of snow and lows of -5C overnight.
Some parts of Norfolk have seen up to 13cm fall within the past 24 hours, with a yellow weather warning likely to remain in place until Wednesday.
The inclement conditions forced the large-scale vaccination site at North Walsham Community Centre to close on Monday for safety reasons.
The site at Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech also remains open.
Those who were due to be inoculated in North Walsham on Monday are being encouraged to rebook appointments via the national booking system.
Those unable to access the website are advised to call 119.
Meanwhile, Norfolk and Waveney CCG has confirmed all planned vaccine clinics at its GP-led primary care hubs would go ahead on Tuesday.
Patients are, however, being encouraged to consider their safety and only travel to appointments if it is sensible.
Those unable to attend will be contacted by the NHS in the coming days to re-book.
The following advice has also been given to people with upcoming appointments:
- 1 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 2 Crackdown on parking in pedestrianised areas in Fakenham
- 3 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
- 4 Dog groomer's concerns as lockdown sees spike in training online
- 5 Frustrated cattle farmer's fields flooded since Christmas
- 6 'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- 7 Hawk and Owl Trust ready to 'leap' back into action
- 8 Basements flooded and road shut after highest rainfall for 100 years
- 9 North Norfolk clash over budget as its share of council tax is frozen
- 10 Plans to turn former Barclays bank into dental practice
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible and no more than 10 minutes before your appointment.
- If you arrive early for your appointment, please wait in your car. Bring a blanket, hot drink and a book or newspaper to make your wait more comfortable.
- Wrap up warm. Lots of thin layers are recommended as well as a warm winter coat, hat, gloves and scarf. A short-sleeve base layer will make it easier to administer the vaccine in the upper arm.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment safely, contact your vaccination site to let them know if you can. If you cannot attend or get through to cancel, please do not worry. The NHS will contact you to re-book your appointment in the coming days.