Town’s Argos store is set to finally reopen
- Credit: Archant
A major high street chain is finally reopening in a market town.
Argos at Miller’s Walk in Fakenham has been closed since March following the lockdown and is yet to reopen its doors.
Despite the reopening of many non-essential retailer since June 15 - and rumours on social media - the shop has shown no signs of welcoming shoppers back.
They have now confirmed that Argos will reopen its doors on Wednesday, September 9.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury’s which owns Argos, said: “As we continue to learn how our customers want to shop with us we are progressing the phased reopening of Argos standalone stores.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Fakenham store will reopen on Wednesday, September 9, while keeping safety our highest priority.
“We will keep our customers and colleagues updated on our plans.”
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 6 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 7 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye