Town’s Argos store is set to finally reopen
- Credit: Archant
A major high street chain is finally reopening in a market town.
Argos at Miller’s Walk in Fakenham has been closed since March following the lockdown and is yet to reopen its doors.
Despite the reopening of many non-essential retailer since June 15 - and rumours on social media - the shop has shown no signs of welcoming shoppers back.
They have now confirmed that Argos will reopen its doors on Wednesday, September 9.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury’s which owns Argos, said: “As we continue to learn how our customers want to shop with us we are progressing the phased reopening of Argos standalone stores.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Fakenham store will reopen on Wednesday, September 9, while keeping safety our highest priority.
“We will keep our customers and colleagues updated on our plans.”
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 3 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 4 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 5 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 6 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 7 Fundraisers come out swinging at charity golf day
- 8 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 9 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 10 'They ruined our lives': Noise complaints soar during lockdown