Town’s Argos store is set to finally reopen
- Credit: Archant
A major high street chain is finally reopening in a market town.
Argos at Miller’s Walk in Fakenham has been closed since March following the lockdown and is yet to reopen its doors.
Despite the reopening of many non-essential retailer since June 15 - and rumours on social media - the shop has shown no signs of welcoming shoppers back.
They have now confirmed that Argos will reopen its doors on Wednesday, September 9.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury’s which owns Argos, said: “As we continue to learn how our customers want to shop with us we are progressing the phased reopening of Argos standalone stores.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Fakenham store will reopen on Wednesday, September 9, while keeping safety our highest priority.
“We will keep our customers and colleagues updated on our plans.”
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 4 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 5 'I love the pine woods at Wells': Q&A with skipper Liam Pink
- 6 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 7 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 10 Former Arsenal goalkeeper and Norfolk estate manager dies