Holkham cycle hire centre to be launched
A new cycle hire centre is to be introduced to give visitors another way to explore one of Norfolk's most scenic country estates.The Holkham Estate, near Wells, will launch the venture in spring and run it jointly with Huff & Puff Cycles.
A new cycle hire centre is to be introduced to give visitors another way to explore one of Norfolk's most scenic country estates.
The Holkham Estate, near Wells, will launch the venture in spring and run it jointly with Huff & Puff Cycles.
Both partners said it could provide an ideal base for cyclists to explore the stately surroundings of Holkham Hall - and the wider pleasures of the north Norfolk coast.
Sam Weller, who runs the cycle firm with business partner Ian Bunting, said: “It is not just the traffic-calmed routes within the estate's grounds that make for perfect cycling - the entire area has much to offer. There is a truly rich choice of quiet lanes and approved cycle tracks throughout the local area.”
You may also want to watch:
Holkham's estates director David Horton-Fawkes said: “It is part of our drive to offer visitors more choice and cycling is the perfect way to explore the trails through the deer park which surrounds Holkham Hall.”
The new hire centre will open daily from April 1 to October 31 and operate from the inner courtyard at Holkham Hall, next to the cafe, gift shop and Bygones museum.
- 1 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 4 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 5 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 8 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat