Pride and Prejudice star to speak at Holkham Hall’s Jane Austen celebration
- Credit: IAN BURT
Iconic literature will be at the heart of a special charity event being held at a stately home in Norfolk next month.
Holkham Hall is hosting An Evening With Jane Austen to help raise money for the day care services at Heritage House, in Wells.
Set in the Marble Hall, the evening will be a collaboration between sites of historic interest, performers, and audiences.
Austen duologues will be performed by Adrian Lukis, who starred in the BBC’s 1995 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Caroline Langrishe, of Lovejoy and Judge John Deed.
As well as this, the evening will feature musical interludes from the Regency era and beyond, performed by harpist Louisa Duggan and soprano Rosie Lomas.
The event takes place on Sunday May 6 at 7pm. Tickets cost £50 and are available to buy from Holkham Ticket Office on 01328 713111 or online at www.holkham.co.uk.
- 1 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 2 Fancy dress runners brave elements for Pensthorpe festive 5K
- 3 Your Say: What do Fakenham people think of Norwich Street 'carbuncle'?
- 4 Hundreds gather for return of Wells Christmas Tide Festival
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Sports centre hopes to unite members old and new for 50th anniversary
- 7 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 8 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 9 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 10 Strong winds to continue as police issue flooding and debris warning