Pride and Prejudice star to speak at Holkham Hall’s Jane Austen celebration
- Credit: IAN BURT
Iconic literature will be at the heart of a special charity event being held at a stately home in Norfolk next month.
Holkham Hall is hosting An Evening With Jane Austen to help raise money for the day care services at Heritage House, in Wells.
Set in the Marble Hall, the evening will be a collaboration between sites of historic interest, performers, and audiences.
Austen duologues will be performed by Adrian Lukis, who starred in the BBC’s 1995 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Caroline Langrishe, of Lovejoy and Judge John Deed.
As well as this, the evening will feature musical interludes from the Regency era and beyond, performed by harpist Louisa Duggan and soprano Rosie Lomas.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Sunday May 6 at 7pm. Tickets cost £50 and are available to buy from Holkham Ticket Office on 01328 713111 or online at www.holkham.co.uk.
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 3 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 4 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 8 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 9 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 10 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend