Pride and Prejudice star to speak at Holkham Hall’s Jane Austen celebration
- Credit: IAN BURT
Iconic literature will be at the heart of a special charity event being held at a stately home in Norfolk next month.
Holkham Hall is hosting An Evening With Jane Austen to help raise money for the day care services at Heritage House, in Wells.
Set in the Marble Hall, the evening will be a collaboration between sites of historic interest, performers, and audiences.
Austen duologues will be performed by Adrian Lukis, who starred in the BBC’s 1995 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Caroline Langrishe, of Lovejoy and Judge John Deed.
As well as this, the evening will feature musical interludes from the Regency era and beyond, performed by harpist Louisa Duggan and soprano Rosie Lomas.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Sunday May 6 at 7pm. Tickets cost £50 and are available to buy from Holkham Ticket Office on 01328 713111 or online at www.holkham.co.uk.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 3 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 4 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 8 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 9 Eyes-down for a full house as charity bingo returns to Fakenham
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible