New event aims to showcase the latest and greatest in travel trends
- Credit: Archant
River cruises, experience-based trips and expeditions to remote parts of the world are among the travel trends to go under the spotlight at an upcoming showcase.
The North Norfolk Travel Show is a new event to take place at Holkham Hall, featuring up to 40 tourism operators who run everything from polar cruises to African safaris.
James Pettitt from Curated Escapes, one of the organisers, said: “We wanted to bring a range of suppliers and ideas so that the people of north Norfolk can get inspiration, and allow them to book their next holiday. There will be cruise operators, land operators, touring holidays and even things like honeymoon suppliers.
“It will be a one-stop shop for inspiration.”
Special guests will include cruise and travel journalist Jane Archer, who will lead a question-and-answer session on the latest issues in travel, including the impact of Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
Also there will be representatives from the group Incredible Oceans, which tells ‘ocean-saving stories’ using art and science.
Mr Pettitt said: “They do a lot of work educating people about the waste and plastic that goes into the oceans.”
- 1 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 2 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 3 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 4 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 5 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 9 Community brings flower power to village streets
- 10 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
A professional photographer will also be at the show to pass on holiday photo tips and tricks and give guests advice on how to avoid photography clichés.
Mr Pettitt said the biggest new travel trends included river cruises and expedition cruises - going to spectacular but rarely visited destinations such as Antarctica and the Galápagos Islands in next-generation, environmentally friendly ships.
He said: “River cruises are just exploding. People are starting to look beyond European rivers and are exploring rivers in North America, Africa and South-East Asia.
“Experience-based tours are also really taking off.
“People don’t want to just sit on a coach and be taken from place to place anymore. They want to really experience where they are and get involved in it.”
The travel show, which also offers exclusive deals, door prizes and giveaways, will be on Sunday, March 10 from 11am to 4pm.
For more information and to register for free entry, visit www.nntravelshow.com-Are you planning an event in north Norfolk? Email firstname.lastname@example.org