Holkham view is one of the best
Ian Clarke It's been the setting for a number of films - and is a magnet for thousands of holidaymakers and daytrippers every year,And the endless golden sands of Holkham Beach, near Wells, have been voted as the sixth best view in the UK.
It's been the setting for a number of films - and is a magnet for thousands of holidaymakers and daytrippers every year,
And the endless golden sands of Holkham Beach, near Wells, have been voted as the sixth best view in the UK.
In a nationwide poll to celebrate the best of scenic Britain, Lake Buttermore in Cumbria - described as “a perfect lake surrounded by rolling mountains and fertile dairy pastures” - was top and closely followed by neighbouring Lake Derwentwater.
You may also want to watch:
The white cliffs at Seven Sisters in East Sussex was third and followed by St Ives in Cornwall and Stonehenge and Holkham.
The Norfolk beach beat a wide range of well known views including the famous Yorkshire beauty spot of Swaledale, England's deepest lake Wastwater, Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland and Loch Coruisk on the Isle of Skye.
- 1 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 2 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 3 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 4 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 6 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 7 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand
Car maker Chevrolet conducted the research and has created a four metre wide gilt frame at Lake Buttermere which turns the natural environment into “scenic art.”
It is considering installing one at Holkham.