Hundreds get in the saddle for Ride North Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of cyclists have got into the saddle to ride up to 100 miles as part of the final day of this year’s Active Fakenham week.
Today’s (Sunday, August 26) Ride North Norfolk attracted about 300 participants aged from six to around 70, keen to enjoy cycling through some of Norfolk’s most beautiful spots at a leisurely pace.
Active Fakenham chair Richard Crook said the ride had been an important part of Active Fakenham since the activity week began in 2013.
He said: “Norfolk is a great county for cycling - the roads are open but they’re not too busy, and it’s not too hilly and not too flat.”
Riders could choose between 15, 36, 64 and 100-mile routes and there were pit stops set up providing homemade flapjacks at Wiveton, Burnham Market and Walsingham. Starting out from Fakenham, the longest route also took in Holkham Park, Biunham, Holt, Great Snoring and across to Great Bircham.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Crook said: “It’s a great community ride and it’s all run by volunteers.”
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 5 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 8 Eyes-down for a full house as charity bingo returns to Fakenham
- 9 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 10 The show WILL go on - Student production of Little Women to go ahead