Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of homes across three areas of Norfolk are without power this morning after an overhead line fault.
The problem, which was first reported at 7.11am on Friday, January 15, has left 324 homes and businesses without electricity across seven different postcodes.
Areas affected include Norwich, Wells, Little Massingham, Great Massingham, Litcham, Castle Acre and Necton.
UK Power Networks has apologised for any disruption, it said: "We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area.
You may also want to watch:
"To get everyone’s power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. We’ll continue to update you until everyone’s power is back on."
Engineers were sent to the site of the problem at 7.22am and arrived just after 8am.
- 1 Fakenham figure - Questions put to community celebrities
- 2 What's reopening in Fakenham from May 17?
- 3 Mum who survived grapefruit sized tumour celebrates £1m milestone
- 4 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Delight at housing association seals award for affordable homes
- 7 What would you bury in time capsule under new swimming pool?
- 8 North Norfolk brewery uses lockdown to create its strongest ever beer
- 9 Rescue drama as yacht cut adrift after losing power
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
The team expects the power to be returned to customers by 9.30am.
The full list of postcodes affected include; NR2 3, NR21 0, NR22 6, NR23 1, PE30 3, and PE32 2.