Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of homes across three areas of Norfolk are without power this morning after an overhead line fault.
The problem, which was first reported at 7.11am on Friday, January 15, has left 324 homes and businesses without electricity across seven different postcodes.
Areas affected include Norwich, Wells, Little Massingham, Great Massingham, Litcham, Castle Acre and Necton.
UK Power Networks has apologised for any disruption, it said: "We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area.
You may also want to watch:
"To get everyone’s power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. We’ll continue to update you until everyone’s power is back on."
Engineers were sent to the site of the problem at 7.22am and arrived just after 8am.
- 1 'The nicest people shop in Lidl' - Women amazed by act of kindness
- 2 Brave nine-year-old with arthritis prepares for danceathon
- 3 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 4 Campaign launched to identify 90,000 'hidden' carers eligible for Covid jab
- 5 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop
- 6 'Going like the clappers' - Almost half of Norfolk adults have had vaccine
- 7 Call for more Norfolk roads to be covered by pay and display charges
- 8 Towns oppose suggestion of more on-street parking charges
- 9 Education bosses 'confident' all Norfolk schools ready to fully reopen
- 10 Wetherspoon to reopen beer gardens and patios
The team expects the power to be returned to customers by 9.30am.
The full list of postcodes affected include; NR2 3, NR21 0, NR22 6, NR23 1, PE30 3, and PE32 2.