Chance to see display from Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- Credit: Archant
Visitors can watch a Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF) Hurricane display at a reunion and heritage day in north Norfolk.
The RAF Langham reunion and dome heritage day, on Saturday, June 1, will also feature an aerobatic display with the Extra 260 flown by Steve Carver.
A spokesman for the organisers, the Friends of Langham Dome charity, said: "The event will remember all who served at RAF Langham during the Second World War and the Cold War, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice in operations from the station.
"It will also remember all who trained in the dome using the then secret technology of the anti-aircraft gunnery trainer.
"People will also be asked to help celebrate the dome's five successful years as north Norfolk's iconic and latest military visitor attraction."
You may also want to watch:
Among the attractions at the event, which runs from 11am to 4pm, will be Stiffkey rescue wooden boats, 1940s songs by Tara and the Blighty Belles, the History Boys, and children's face painting.
And there will be various exhibits on show from the RAF Marham Heritage Centre, Royal British Legion, RAF Radar Museum Neatishead, Norwich and District Aviation Group, RAFA Sheringham and the air cadets.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
There will also be a military vehicle display, and local artist Janet Samuel will be creating the next card in the Langham Dome Aviation Card Collection.
There will be a barbecue and ice creams and a grand draw with prizes to include flights. A prize will be awarded for the best 1940s dressed attendee.
Following a short dedication the event will be opened by Marshal of the RAF, Lord Craig of Radley.
As reported, a Spitfire memorial project at the site should be completed by the end of the summer season after a fundraising campaign reached its target.
A full-sized silver replica of a Supermarine Spitfire will sit alongside the dome and visitor centre at the now disused airfield, near Wells.
It will be mounted on a plinth next to the building. The Spitfire was given to the Friends of Langham Dome by the RAF Museum at Hendon.