Musical director Janet Kelsey set to leave Fakenham choir
- Credit: IAN BURT
A long-standing musical director is set to leave following a string of successful seasons.
Janet Kelsey, of Fakenham Choral Society (FCS), will be leaving the choir after overseeing a total of 11 seasons.
Under her leadership, the choir has grown in both membership and reputation and it is now looking to recruit a new director to build upon these successes.
The mixed-voice choir is made-up of 100 singers from north and west Norfolk and performs three concerts a year of both sacred and secular music, all with professional soloists and often a full orchestra. In addition to the concerts, FCS also runs an annual Come and Sing day, attracting hundreds of singers from Norfolk and beyond.
For more information about the role, contact FCS secretary Tracey Thompson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The successful applicant would ideally take over in late September.
- 1 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 4 Popular former mechanic and town councillor dies aged 88
- 5 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 6 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 7 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 Care home to close after inspectors brand it unsafe
- 10 Why the Pope could be wearing a facemask made in Norfolk