Musical director Janet Kelsey set to leave Fakenham choir
- Credit: IAN BURT
A long-standing musical director is set to leave following a string of successful seasons.
Janet Kelsey, of Fakenham Choral Society (FCS), will be leaving the choir after overseeing a total of 11 seasons.
Under her leadership, the choir has grown in both membership and reputation and it is now looking to recruit a new director to build upon these successes.
The mixed-voice choir is made-up of 100 singers from north and west Norfolk and performs three concerts a year of both sacred and secular music, all with professional soloists and often a full orchestra. In addition to the concerts, FCS also runs an annual Come and Sing day, attracting hundreds of singers from Norfolk and beyond.
For more information about the role, contact FCS secretary Tracey Thompson by emailing email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
The successful applicant would ideally take over in late September.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases