Musical director Janet Kelsey set to leave Fakenham choir
- Credit: IAN BURT
A long-standing musical director is set to leave following a string of successful seasons.
Janet Kelsey, of Fakenham Choral Society (FCS), will be leaving the choir after overseeing a total of 11 seasons.
Under her leadership, the choir has grown in both membership and reputation and it is now looking to recruit a new director to build upon these successes.
The mixed-voice choir is made-up of 100 singers from north and west Norfolk and performs three concerts a year of both sacred and secular music, all with professional soloists and often a full orchestra. In addition to the concerts, FCS also runs an annual Come and Sing day, attracting hundreds of singers from Norfolk and beyond.
For more information about the role, contact FCS secretary Tracey Thompson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The successful applicant would ideally take over in late September.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 5 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears