Musical director Janet Kelsey set to leave Fakenham choir
- Credit: IAN BURT
A long-standing musical director is set to leave following a string of successful seasons.
Janet Kelsey, of Fakenham Choral Society (FCS), will be leaving the choir after overseeing a total of 11 seasons.
Under her leadership, the choir has grown in both membership and reputation and it is now looking to recruit a new director to build upon these successes.
The mixed-voice choir is made-up of 100 singers from north and west Norfolk and performs three concerts a year of both sacred and secular music, all with professional soloists and often a full orchestra. In addition to the concerts, FCS also runs an annual Come and Sing day, attracting hundreds of singers from Norfolk and beyond.
For more information about the role, contact FCS secretary Tracey Thompson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The successful applicant would ideally take over in late September.
- 1 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 2 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 6 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 7 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 8 Walsingham Pilgrimage planning 'restricted' return
- 9 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 10 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal