Langham Dome receives Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service
- Credit: Archant
The presentation of the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service (QAVS) to the Friends of Langham Dome (FoLD) was carried out at the north Norfolk visitor attraction on Monday, July 22.
Trustee John Blakeley said: "A signed citation from the Queen, together with a crystal award with the logo insignia, were presented to Patrick Allen, the chairman of FoLD, by the Deputy Lord Lieutenant for Norfolk, Major-General Sir William Cubitt.
"He said Langham Dome was one of only two Norfolk-based organisations to receive the award in 2019.
"Everyone was offered a slice of Dome Cake, made by the wife of one of the trustees, Janet Allen, and volunteer, Christine Halford.
"The citation and award are now in the dome and we can display the QAVS symbol in our official correspondence."
You may also want to watch:
The community group saved the dome at the disused airfield at RAF Langham, near Wells, and converted it into a visitor centre and museum.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 10 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid