Thomas Cook employees offered free family day out by glassblower
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A glassblower and tourist attraction has made an offer to everyone left without a job after the collapse of Thomas Cook.
Langham Glass, in Fakenham, has allowed any ex-employee of the travel firm to bring their family to a glassblowing demonstration, free of charge.
Jonathan Miller, managing director, said: "It was desperately sad to hear the news break. For those people to lose their jobs without warning must have turned their lives upside down. We wanted to allow them to enjoy themselves, without worrying about money.
"There is a Thomas Cook in Fakenham, and I've been in two or three times, but there's no personal connection. We just thought it was a nice thing to do.
"It's valid until October 31, since after then we will only be open Monday to Friday. After then, we will be working on the run up to Christmas."
You may also want to watch:
The offer is valid for two adults and two children, with proof employment by Thomas Cook.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 6 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 7 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown