Thomas Cook employees offered free family day out by glassblower
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A glassblower and tourist attraction has made an offer to everyone left without a job after the collapse of Thomas Cook.
Langham Glass, in Fakenham, has allowed any ex-employee of the travel firm to bring their family to a glassblowing demonstration, free of charge.
Jonathan Miller, managing director, said: "It was desperately sad to hear the news break. For those people to lose their jobs without warning must have turned their lives upside down. We wanted to allow them to enjoy themselves, without worrying about money.
"There is a Thomas Cook in Fakenham, and I've been in two or three times, but there's no personal connection. We just thought it was a nice thing to do.
"It's valid until October 31, since after then we will only be open Monday to Friday. After then, we will be working on the run up to Christmas."
You may also want to watch:
The offer is valid for two adults and two children, with proof employment by Thomas Cook.
- 1 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 2 Fakenham manager calls on town to support team from afar in FA Vase clash
- 3 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 4 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 5 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 6 Fakenham announce how fans can watch FA vase match
- 7 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 8 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Retiring judge lifts lid on career and says Norwich 'best' resident job