Thomas Cook employees offered free family day out by glassblower
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A glassblower and tourist attraction has made an offer to everyone left without a job after the collapse of Thomas Cook.
Langham Glass, in Fakenham, has allowed any ex-employee of the travel firm to bring their family to a glassblowing demonstration, free of charge.
Jonathan Miller, managing director, said: "It was desperately sad to hear the news break. For those people to lose their jobs without warning must have turned their lives upside down. We wanted to allow them to enjoy themselves, without worrying about money.
"There is a Thomas Cook in Fakenham, and I've been in two or three times, but there's no personal connection. We just thought it was a nice thing to do.
"It's valid until October 31, since after then we will only be open Monday to Friday. After then, we will be working on the run up to Christmas."
You may also want to watch:
The offer is valid for two adults and two children, with proof employment by Thomas Cook.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn