Thomas Cook employees offered free family day out by glassblower
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A glassblower and tourist attraction has made an offer to everyone left without a job after the collapse of Thomas Cook.
Langham Glass, in Fakenham, has allowed any ex-employee of the travel firm to bring their family to a glassblowing demonstration, free of charge.
Jonathan Miller, managing director, said: "It was desperately sad to hear the news break. For those people to lose their jobs without warning must have turned their lives upside down. We wanted to allow them to enjoy themselves, without worrying about money.
"There is a Thomas Cook in Fakenham, and I've been in two or three times, but there's no personal connection. We just thought it was a nice thing to do.
"It's valid until October 31, since after then we will only be open Monday to Friday. After then, we will be working on the run up to Christmas."
You may also want to watch:
The offer is valid for two adults and two children, with proof employment by Thomas Cook.
- 1 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 2 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist