Langham Primary pupils ranking high in Night Zoopkeeper welcome creators Buzz and Paul
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a village primary are beating hundreds of schools around the world in an online writing contest.
Website Night Zookeeper, whose developers came from East Anglia, encourages budding authors to dream up animals and write stories about them.
Their writings are rated by other children signed up for the game. Langham Village Primary, which is currently ranked fourth in the world, welcomed Buzz Burman and Paul Hutson - two of the site’s creators - for a special visit.
Head Polly Kossowicz said the pair agreed to come after they were tweeted by teacher Emma Cotton.
“They were so inspiring, they brought all their gear, cameras and equipment, they interviewed the children and got them to read out their stories, they were like heroes.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been signed up tp the site for a couple of months now and the children have gradually been getting into it.
“The children design characters to go into their zoo, then they have to write stories and descriptions of their characters.”
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Night Zookeeper is running a month-long competition as part of World Creative Writing Month. Children are competing on almost every continent, to win book vouchers for their school.
For more on Night Zookeeper, click here.
, go online to www.nightzookeeper.com.