Langham Primary pupils ranking high in Night Zoopkeeper welcome creators Buzz and Paul
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a village primary are beating hundreds of schools around the world in an online writing contest.
Website Night Zookeeper, whose developers came from East Anglia, encourages budding authors to dream up animals and write stories about them.
Their writings are rated by other children signed up for the game. Langham Village Primary, which is currently ranked fourth in the world, welcomed Buzz Burman and Paul Hutson - two of the site’s creators - for a special visit.
Head Polly Kossowicz said the pair agreed to come after they were tweeted by teacher Emma Cotton.
“They were so inspiring, they brought all their gear, cameras and equipment, they interviewed the children and got them to read out their stories, they were like heroes.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been signed up tp the site for a couple of months now and the children have gradually been getting into it.
“The children design characters to go into their zoo, then they have to write stories and descriptions of their characters.”
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
Night Zookeeper is running a month-long competition as part of World Creative Writing Month. Children are competing on almost every continent, to win book vouchers for their school.
For more on Night Zookeeper, click here.
, go online to www.nightzookeeper.com.