Lidl manager 'speechless' after stranger gives her flowers
- Credit: Amie Franks
A supermarket manager was left speechless after she was brought flowers by a stranger.
Amie Franks from Fakenham is a shift manager at Lidl on Holt Road in the market town. She has worked at the supermarket for 11 years.
When working on the till on January 4, she was serving a gentleman who made the gesture.
“I served two customers who were talking to me about how my day was going and then the last item scanned was a big bunch of flowers,” she said.
“The gentleman laughed and said ‘those are for you’. I thought he was joking. I laughed and carried on. He then said ‘just passing on a kind gesture for your work’ and walked off.
“I was speechless and when finishing my next customer I ran outside to say 'thank you' as I felt so rude for not thanking them properly, but they had gone.”
Miss Franks used Facebook to try and thank the man but instead was greeted by more than 500 messages of thanks from across Facebook.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 5 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 8 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 9 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance