Lidl manager 'speechless' after stranger gives her flowers
- Credit: Amie Franks
A supermarket manager was left speechless after she was brought flowers by a stranger.
Amie Franks from Fakenham is a shift manager at Lidl on Holt Road in the market town. She has worked at the supermarket for 11 years.
When working on the till on January 4, she was serving a gentleman who made the gesture.
“I served two customers who were talking to me about how my day was going and then the last item scanned was a big bunch of flowers,” she said.
“The gentleman laughed and said ‘those are for you’. I thought he was joking. I laughed and carried on. He then said ‘just passing on a kind gesture for your work’ and walked off.
“I was speechless and when finishing my next customer I ran outside to say 'thank you' as I felt so rude for not thanking them properly, but they had gone.”
Miss Franks used Facebook to try and thank the man but instead was greeted by more than 500 messages of thanks from across Facebook.
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 6 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 9 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere