Live music will ring out on Norfolk coast for Burnham Deepdale campsite’s first festival
- Credit: Archant
Live music fans are expected to flock to the north Norfolk coast this weekend for the first Deepdale Festival.
Held at Deepdale Backpackers & Camping the event opens on Friday evening with music from The Tildens, Clark & Zuppardi, and the Georgia Shackleton Trio.
Saturday and Sunday will add to the weekend of great music and spoken word with acts including Jess Morgan, Little Red Kings, Crumbs for Comfort, The Mojo Preachers, East Angles Jazz Band, Marina Florence, Lisa Redford, Pepper & Shepherd, Falling From Trees, Matt Watson, Kolin Durier, C Tin Heart Troubadours, Homefires, The Gillies, Ardeth Bey, Christian Smith, Megan Parry, Miracle Cure, Kayleigh Watson and Billy Pilgrim with the Heartsease Kid.
There are three stages at the Burnham Deepdale site and a secret venue an enjoyable walk away into the heart of Deepdale Farm.
The Brick Barn Stage plays host to the larger bands, and the Backpackers Stage entertains while those bands set up. The Orchard Stage is more acoustic, with soloists and duos. Both the main stages are weather proofed for bands and festival goers, with large areas under cover.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Haycock, the operations director of Deepdale Backpackers & Camping, has drawn together the music programme for the weekend.
His passion is the promotion of local original music, so the majority of the performers are Norfolk based.
- 1 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 2 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 3 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 4 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 5 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 6 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 7 Jerome Mayhew hosting Fakenham job fair
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
'I'm building on the festivals I've organised in the past and Deepdale's fondly remembered jazz festivals,' he said.
'There will be over 20 acts, including bands, solo artists, duos and more. Folk, rock, spoken word, blues, country, there's something for anyone that loves music.'
In amongst the live music there will be Drum Jams with Drum Norwich, street entertainers, festival stalls, and great food and drink.
The King's Lynn and District Astronomy Society will be offering star gazing throughout the weekend.
There's no more accommodation left at Deepdale Backpackers & Camping, but there are Weekend Day Tickets available online here or from Deepdale Visitor Information Centre on 01485 210256.